There are 226 users in the forums

So I just Watched a Replay of Super Bowl 47 Today and I found Out the 49ers Offense Probs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What I meant as the Topic is for 2014 the offensive Line FAILED bigtime!! Not all on Kaepernick. And as evidenced by his Very solid performance in SB 47 with a Good OLINE peaking, Kap played Solid and Gore had a nice game.

So point of story is the Failure in 2014 for the most part was Horrific OLINE play.
  • REB4
Originally posted by jreff22:
So when the QB has time to throw he's great.....

Unfortunately, when in the playoffs, and the Superbowl, the opposing D tends to be pretty good. You have to be able to function within the chaos.

Yes if you're an experienced top QB like Brady, Rodgers, Brees, etc. But if you're a first year starter, with 8 games under his belt, the OLine needed to step up and they didn't. This offense lives and dies by the OLine and maybe it's time we got some that can pass block better and not just big fat guys. Why do you think the game plan had to be simplified? The OLine can't pass block and doing so creates so much pressure on them that they were making all kinds of mistakes. Even Staley broke down mentally with some STUPID penalties at crucial times that cost the 9ers a game or two.
Originally posted by REB4:
Originally posted by jreff22:
So when the QB has time to throw he's great.....

Unfortunately, when in the playoffs, and the Superbowl, the opposing D tends to be pretty good. You have to be able to function within the chaos.

Yes if you're an experienced top QB like Brady, Rodgers, Brees,

No, not even those guys function under constant pressure. Rodgers threw picks against seattle and he had 3x's the time Kap usually has. When Bennett and Avril were disruptive Brady tossed interceptions, when his protection held up flawlessly he picked them apart.
No quarterback operates successfully under constant duress. None.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Gore was killing it... Ngata not in... we pass 4 times... 4 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And an OLD, OVERRATED, INJURED, SLOW ray lewis WAS in! Run up the middle? Nah,,,,let's PASS it 3 freaking times.

Yes (correction )... 3 times

Haroman out smarted themselves
What pisses me off Lewis didn't do s**t all game! He was getting abused by everyone he was assigned to and when ngata was out it was so obvious we should've ran gore and pistol them to death. Just makes me even more pissed thinking how the f**k we abandon wht got us to the rz easily and then try 4 straight passes and to the same player. A pistol formation with kap or gore running we score easily, now the d holding up is another question, I honestly would've expected flacco to pick apart our d especially attacking culliver who couldn't even cover an old ass slow ray Lewis if he played wr. Harbaugh and roman have wasted this stacked team

Cawks play call in SB might be considered the worst of all time, but ours feels worse to me because of all the above... the refs were letting Ratbirds get away with all kinds of crap, but somehow we manage to come within 3 points with chance to nail the coffin... we pass 3 TIMES!!!!!

Originally posted by jonnydel:
Sounds like Jed York was wrong - the Seahawks tried to be like us - not us trying to be like them....

LOL this!
Originally posted by tondiman:
This is how the draft should look:

OL
OL
OL
DB
DL
OL
OL
OL
K

no WR? lol ok
I was watching Anquan Boldin highlights & i came across Super Bowl XLVII by accident. So i decided to take a look back i had not since we actually lost the game curious to see what really happend & why. Since i knew we got owned for most of the 1st half i just skipped towards the end & started to watch it from 1:52:54 & i think to myself how in the hell did we not win this game the game shifted drastically our way after that last drive after Brooks sacked Flacco & we forced them to punt. Thank you Goddell for screwing us over just so Lewis could retire a Champion.

If Tomsula can give us a freaking win against the Ravens this year, it will help with the grieving process so far!!!

Man, I hate that team so much. My least favorite AFC team by far these days.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I was watching Anquan Boldin highlights & i came across Super Bowl XLVII by accident. So i decided to take a look back i had not since we actually lost the game curious to see what really happend & why. Since i knew we got owned for most of the 1st half i just skipped towards the end & started to watch it from 1:52:54 & i think to myself how in the hell did we not win this game the game shifted drastically our way after that last drive after Brooks sacked Flacco & we forced them to punt. Thank you Goddell for screwing us over just so Lewis could retire a Champion.

I felt we got screwd by the refs.

BUT - IMO, that KO return was a back-breaker.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I just saw a blatant PI on a deep pass to Crabtree around 1:45:00 of the video. Ref was looking right at them backpedaling....no call. Closed the window after that...don't feel like seeing that BS again on this nice Sunday.
I saw that game many times, Kap was f**king brilliant.

Our defense, for whatever reason, that entire playoff run was god awful

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Not only did Jacoby Jones ran it back but it was quite obvious Miller was mugged on that same play N the refs like u mentioned screwed us over N over through the game. No calls after no calls.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This. Kap had a tremendous post-season. He was the reason we made it to the SB, and why we had a chance to win that game.

In those 3 playoff games, the defense/special teams was responsible for 24, 24, and 34 points. They put us in a 17 point hole in the NFCCG, and a 22 point hole in the SB.

I loved the defense that year, but they fell apart late in the season. Guys were banged up, the pass rush disappeared, and secondary exposed.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 26, 2015 at 2:42 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:

This. Kap had a tremendous post-season. He was the reason we made it to the SB, and why we had a chance to win that game.

In those 3 playoff games, the defense/special teams was responsible for 24, 24, and 34 points. They put us in a 17 point hole in the NFCCG, and a 22 point hole in the SB.

I loved the defense that year, but they fell apart late in the season. Guys were banged up, the pass rush disappeared, and secondary exposed.

Some niner fans claim Kap choked which amazes me...
Gross....

Unless I'm captured by ISIS and they use it to torcher me, I will never watch that game again.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Some niner fans claim Kap choked which amazes me...
I dont know if I would say he "choked," because he played at a very high level against a very good defense which got us into position to win the game. However, I do think the last couple of plays at the goal line were rushed, and if he just slowed down, there were points for the taking. He easily could of ran in.
Share 49ersWebzone