There are 190 users in the forums

Jerry Rice did what?!?!?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/2/6/7991755/jerry-rice-stickum-on-gloves-patriots-super-bowl-criticism

Apparently Jerry has used illegal stickum on his gloves.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/2/6/7991755/jerry-rice-stickum-on-gloves-patriots-super-bowl-criticism

Apparently Jerry has used illegal stickum on his gloves.

Yep, and he was the only one. No other receiver was crafty enough to figure out how to apply stickum to their gloves. Apparently, there will be a lot of receivers coming out to denounce his records and place in the HOF... and now his name will be a blight on the 49er, Raider, and Seahawk organizations...
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I'm sure plenty of people did. Doesn't make it right. Plus - that jabroni was talking about deflategate like he thought he was above it. Another douchebag, hypocritical ex-Niner. Just stop talking, Jerry, you're not good at it.
Say it ain't so.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
see, between that and leg whipping, our team was not exactly winning with class all the time actually the king of stick em stuff was fred blilitnekoff ,, or however the hell you spell it back in the 70's with the raiders. he put the s**t on all the way up his arms
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
see, between that and leg whipping, our team was not exactly winning with class all the time actually the king of stick em stuff was fred blilitnekoff ,, or however the hell you spell it back in the 70's with the raiders. he put the s**t on all the way up his arms

Always do this to my wife when we play "last one to the car"...

Where's my husband of the year award?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Only niners fans try to pin their own legends as cheaters. Good job ninernation.com
Here's the actual rule:

The official rule is on page 34 of the NFL Rule Book, and reads that prohibited substances include: "Adhesive, Slippery Substances -- (i) Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player; provided, however, that players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players."

There might be a gray area here that Rice slips through.
Originally posted by susweel:
Only niners fans try to pin their own legends as cheaters. Good job ninernation.com

You're a Niner fan, right?
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by susweel:

You're a Niner fan, right?

Susweel is a Niner fan and an improver of lives.

if tom brady and jerry rice have cheated, then they all have
Not sure how you guys didnt notice

Here's the actual rule:

The official rule is on page 34 of the NFL Rule Book, and reads that prohibited substances include: "Adhesive, Slippery Substances -- (i) Adhesive or slippery substances on the body, equipment, or uniform of any player; provided, however, that players may wear gloves with a tackified surface if such tacky substance does not adhere to the football or otherwise cause handling problems for players."

I say we go with The Chewbacca Defense.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
I say we go with The Chewbacca Defense.

But wookies are from Alderon
Here's the actual rule:

This. Like Jerry said, it's not truly "illegal" if it is only on the gloves and does not adhere to the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone