There are 230 users in the forums

Which coach will feed us the most crow?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our new coaching staff is disapproved by most fans and the media alike. Who do you think will have us singing a different praise by mid to seasons end?

My pick: Eric Mangini

I think this guy has a huge chip on his shoulder and has been chomping at the bit to get an opportunity again. He's now on the side of the ball he belongs, and will use this year to make his mark being back. He's still young and I'm sure has the ultimate goal of a head coaching opportunity again. I think with him coordinating game plans and Tarver coaching the backers, these two will be much more aggressive with blitzes than Fangio was, well because Fangio hardly blitzed to begin with. I'm predicting a top five defense with more sacks by our defense in the season than Fangios defenses in any of the four.
The most was 42 under Fangio in 2011
[ Edited by 49ers808 on Feb 5, 2015 at 11:32 PM ]
GREG ROMAN
Harbaugh
lynn swann
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Sheryl Crow
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Harbaugh

this
Dennis Erickson
Frank Gire
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Honestly, it will be Chryst.

Reasoning:

HaRoman not only called a predictable poorly coordinated offense, but the both over-complicated calling and simplistic design destroyed the morale of the offensive personnel. All Chryst has to do is be an average OC and play caller to measurably improve the offense next year. Unfortunately and ironically, this may end up getting him an HC job in college or NFL. GM's and AD's will look at this (internally) expected turnaround and think Chryst is working some kind of magic... And the 49ers will be off looking for another OC... just like the good 'ol days.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Our new coaching staff is disapproved by most fans and the media alike. Who do you think will have us singing a different praise by mid to seasons end?

My pick: Eric Mangini

I think this guy has a huge chip on his shoulder and has been chomping at the bit to get an opportunity again. He's now on the side of the ball he belongs, and will use this year to make his mark being back. He's still young and I'm sure has the ultimate goal of a head coaching opportunity again. I think with him coordinating game plans and Tarver coaching the backers, these two will be much more aggressive with blitzes than Fangio was, well because Fangio hardly blitzed to begin with. I'm predicting a top five defense with more sacks by our defense in the season than Fangios defenses in any of the four.
The most was 42 under Fangio in 2011

I'm with you ....I have a feeling Mangini will maintain the level of aggressiveness our defense has played with , plus maybe add a new wrinkle here and there, maybe dial up an exotic blitz from time to time, but he will need to rely on his creativity to offset the loss of Cowboy , but I'm still praying the Cowboy saddles up for one more season....but yes, I agree, Mangini has a lot to prove, and with the level of talent on the defensive side of the ball, he could coach himself back into the mix for a head coach gig next season

Mangini. Mostly because he's inheriting a top 5 defense (even with 7 starters out). Its really difficult envisioning this unit falling off drastically. And who knows, maybe with the return of our healthy starters, i.e. Bowman, Willis, et.al they become a little better with some more aggressive blitzing. This of course that our starting corners return and Cowboy too.
Abrayo Franklin
I'm hoping huge servings of crow will be on the menu as Jimmy T. joins Seifert, Switzer and Billick as a first year Super Bowl winning head coach.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Honestly, it will be Chryst.

Reasoning:

HaRoman not only called a predictable poorly coordinated offense, but the both over-complicated calling and simplistic design destroyed the morale of the offensive personnel. All Chryst has to do is be an average OC and play caller to measurably improve the offense next year. Unfortunately and ironically, this may end up getting him an HC job in college or NFL. GM's and AD's will look at this (internally) expected turnaround and think Chryst is working some kind of magic... And the 49ers will be off looking for another OC... just like the good 'ol days.

I have to go with Geep too. Mangini will do very well with this personnel and will hover around top 3-10. But Geep...we're going to make leaps and bounds from 25th in points to 15+ and just that leap alone with be noticeably seen ON the field and in the W-L column.
  • thl408
Chris Foerster. With, hopefully, a healthy ADavis and Kilgore, the Oline will improve and not suck.
Share 49ersWebzone