LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 398 users in the forums

What's your favorite...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by OldMort49:
1. The "Catch" game against Dallas

2. The wildcard comeback against the Giants.

3. The Saints playoff game a couple of years ago.

Why? Because I was at all three games....
rediculous
Originally posted by Niners816:
Nov 13th 1994 vs dallas. This game snapped the 3 game losing streak to dallas and set up the stretch run of 1994.

Another one of my favorite games happens to be a loss, it was the 1992 game vs buffalo. Offense almost had 600 yards (with Jerry missing 3 quarters of the game) but cofer went cofer and missed some FGs.

This was the game that came to mind for me. Stress and pressure were immense. If 49ers couldn't win this with all those weapons it was doom.

Tough topic.
Originally posted by SadowskyMS4:
Originally posted by 666SF666SF:
Yes, the 88 Title game won out, after much thinking. I also wanted to send some props to BY, Bryant Young. I remember the fierceness vividly, but what I will always remember is how he affectionately gave the crowd the thumbs up as he was being carted off the field at Giant's Stadium in 88. I'm not going to explain what had happened - please honor that memory in your own way. But the way he conducted himself was top shelf.

Isn't it '98? BY entered pro in '94.

Yes and it was at Candlestick
  • thl408
Originally posted by facestabber:
Nov 13th 1994 vs dallas. This game snapped the 3 game losing streak to dallas and set up the stretch run of 1994.

Another one of my favorite games happens to be a loss, it was the 1992 game vs buffalo. Offense almost had 600 yards (with Jerry missing 3 quarters of the game) but cofer went cofer and missed some FGs.

This was the game that came to mind for me. Stress and pressure were immense. If 49ers couldn't win this with all those weapons it was doom.

Tough topic.

I'm gonna go with the '94 NFCCG as well. I remember the 88 Super Bowl (Taylor's GW catch), but I was only 12 so I didn't fully grasp the magnitude of the moment. Once Young's 49ers kept getting beaten by those 90's Cowboys, finally getting over the hump was a huge moment. I remember the AFC Champ that season had already been decided by the time the 49ers and Cowboys kicked off and I knew that if the 49ers could get past the Cowboys, they'd destroy the Chargers.
88 Superbowl for me. Best Superbowl ever...between two great friends. It had everything....defense, offense, ST, game winning 92 yard drive (the drive), nothing but love and respect between the two teams and HC's, etc. John Candy. Magic.
Favorite playoff moment: The Catch III against the Saints on my 16th birthday.
Favorite regular season moment: The Pick at the Stick against the Falcons in Candlestick Park's last game.
Originally posted by NCommand:
88 Superbowl for me. Best Superbowl ever...between two great friends. It had everything....defense, offense, ST, game winning 92 yard drive (the drive), nothing but love and respect between the two teams and HC's, etc. John Candy. Magic.

Fantastic game! Not to be argumentative, but I seem to recall a bit of bitterness among Bengals players about their perception that the Niners were coddled super stars while they were working class heroes. But, you're certainly right about the coaches - best buddies for years and you could tell. I just found the post-game to be sad the way Walsh broke down - I couldn't accept the idea that he was walking away from the team at that point. But back in those days, we didn't really have a lot of access to what was going on between Walsh and Debartolo the way we would now with social media and 24-hour gossip/news cycles.
Originally posted by thl408:

Tough topic.

I'm gonna go with the '94 NFCCG as well. I remember the 88 Super Bowl (Taylor's GW catch), but I was only 12 so I didn't fully grasp the magnitude of the moment. Once Young's 49ers kept getting beaten by those 90's Cowboys, finally getting over the hump was a huge moment. I remember the AFC Champ that season had already been decided by the time the 49ers and Cowboys kicked off and I knew that if the 49ers could get past the Cowboys, they'd destroy the Chargers.

You are not agreeing with us then. Hahaha. We were mentioning the 1994 regular season meeting between dal and SF.
  • thl408

Tough topic.

You are not agreeing with us then. Hahaha. We were mentioning the 1994 regular season meeting between dal and SF.

Whoops.
Originally posted by OldMort49:
1. The "Catch" game against Dallas

2. The wildcard comeback against the Giants.

3. The Saints playoff game a couple of years ago.

Why? Because I was at all three games....
ridiculous

[ Edited by OldMort49 on Feb 6, 2015 at 1:32 PM ]

Whoops.

It's ok....those 1994 dallas games are really 1a, 1b type stuff for me. I just remember being so nervous for the regular season game. As a result of that game, I felt confident in the rematch. Of course, the first 5 mins of the nfccg helped a lot
Originally posted by Geeked:
THIS IN SPADES.

Every over 32 49er fan remembers this game like it was yesterday.

I remember Cowboy fans calling foul on Sanders when glued himself to Irvin... not realizing, Irvin was pushing off and grabbing Sanders' collar.

Watching Young run around Haley for 40 yards was nice too, I think he did it twice that game.

True dat. Eric Davis my peoples, ED!
I wonder what the record is for the 49ers when they had games in which both Montana and Young threw for over 100 yards in the game from 87-92.
Originally posted by SadowskyMS4:
Originally posted by 666SF666SF:
Yes, the 88 Title game won out, after much thinking. I also wanted to send some props to BY, Bryant Young. I remember the fierceness vividly, but what I will always remember is how he affectionately gave the crowd the thumbs up as he was being carted off the field at Giant's Stadium in 88. I'm not going to explain what had happened - please honor that memory in your own way. But the way he conducted himself was top shelf.

Isn't it '98? BY entered pro in '94.

Yes and it was at Candlestick

Wow two mistakes one post… My bad.
Wow to many
Share 49ersWebzone