LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

What's your favorite...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Favorite game is 94-95 NFCCG win over Dallas. That was the real Super Bowl that year, beating San Diego was just a formality. I was a little kid at the time and beating Dallas was the greatest thing ever.
That Bengals game (SB) with the game ending drive was amazing. The 1980 game against the Saints that the niners won in OT and Joe showed what was to come it was only his second win and his first comeback and it was a hell of a comeback. I will also have to say one of my favorite plays was the Bowman int to close out Candlestick.
Beating Dallas in the 1994 NFC Championship game.
Hands down NFC Divisional gams vs the Saints AKA The Vernon Post!!!! Alex's best game!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex Smith vs The Saints

Unbelievable game; really one of the great finishes in franchise history. And on top of that, one of the most epic defensive plays ever by Whitner.

Probably my favorite too. I was a kid when we won our last super bowl and can only vaguely remember it.

The saints game was just a game of epic proportions all around
'88 NFCC at Chicago. That was an exceptional win in the so hostile circumstances. 49ers were the tough team then
Originally posted by SadowskyMS4:
'88 NFCC at Chicago. That was an exceptional win in the so hostile circumstances. 49ers were the tough team then

"Who woulda ever thought it? On the coldest day in January the finesse ass 49ers would come into the back yard of the Bears and kick ass?"

- Keena Turner

Hard to pick as ive been to and watched a lot of games..but this one is up there

1989 vs the Patriots when both Montana and Young had huge games.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Beating Dallas in the 1994 NFC Championship game.

That's right up there, but I have to say SB XXIII. 1988 Season ends when one of my favorite players (John Taylor) catches the game winning pass with 34 seconds left.

My favorite game I ever attended personally though was the Niners-Saints playoff game in 2011.

• SaksV
  • Veteran
I have way too many but one of my favorite games was the Monday Night win over Denver in 1997. That night we retired Joe's #16 and Jerry made his mini-comeback from tearing his knee (f*ck Warren Sapp).... It was my birthday that night and I just got a Rice jersey, so it was extra special.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
What's funny is now that I think of it, not too many blowout wins rank very high in my mind..... I mean, Super Bowl XXIV was amazing because of the back-to-back + Seifert transition but it wasn't as exciting as some of our closer games....
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex Smith vs The Saints

Unbelievable game; really one of the great finishes in franchise history. And on top of that, one of the most epic defensive plays ever by Whitner.

This all day. Literally on the edge of my seat all game. Pierre Thomas still feeling that hit.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good call.

They both bring back great memories.

I'm a 65 year old fan and my 2 favorites are:

A). "The Catch" game against the Cowboys. Right down to the end it was a total thrill.

B). "The Drive" against Bengals.

Also great ones. When you've been watching for 50 years, it's hard to pick isn't it? The only reason I didn't think of "the Catch" game I guess was that it wasn't as good a performance overall as people seem to remember. I believe Montana threw 3 ints in that game and "the Catch" didn't really end it. Without that Eric Wright horse-collar tackle and the subsequent sack and fumble recovery, the Cowboys would have broken all of our hearts again just like in the early 70's.

Correct. Sometimes, the times and great fun make it extra special.

I was in a place called "The Beer Garden" in Squaw Valley ski resort where I lived.

There was no Aids, and I was California Dreamin' - lots of parties and always a good time to be had.

The place was packed, tons of beautiful ski girls, drinking Jaeger - yelling and screaming and then - "The Catch".

Fabulous memories. Some of the best times of my life.

Hey, could you imagine the lynch mob that be out for Kap if he threw 3 interceptions.

Well, these are new days and I'm all in for creating some NEW great memories.

I'm hoping JT and staff will set the worlds on its butt and bring the Championship back home.

GO NINERS!
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Feb 5, 2015 at 8:15 PM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Mine has to be Alex Smith Vs Saints. It was the ultimate underdog story with the most electric, spectacular finishes to a game that ive ever seen in my life, in any sport.
Share 49ersWebzone