LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

What do you think about Julian Edelman said about Steve Young?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Steve Young is a moron, I agree with Edelman.
Steve was one of the last REAL QBs. He'd run the ball with the intensity of a RB and throw with a marksmans precision. Steve Young may not have been your stand in the pocket and throw every down, orthodox QB, but he sure as hell was exciting to watch. I'll never forget when he threw a pick to Deion, chased em down and hit em so hard, that Deion did a front flip in mid air! He brought a whole new definition to the word TOUGH.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I think you mean Mormon... Yes, Steve Young is a Mormon.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by mayo49:

I think you mean Mormon... Yes, Steve Young is a Mormon.

Lol, no he's a moron of a Mormon.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I shouldn't say Young is a moron, he's more of a buffoon.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Feb 2, 2015 at 11:40 PM ]
It still kinda goes back to the point of who gives a f**k what julian Edelman says?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
It still kinda goes back to the point of who gives a f**k what julian Edelman says?

I didn't know Edelman was from Redwood City.
C'mon now Edelman, please don't turn into an Angry Poop Baldwin.
Steve Young the player...HOF.

Steve Young the analyst...well, there isn't much to the job. I think most of them are just a bunch of idiots, making up crap about a sport that is very popular. He has made some real crazy comments in the past, and anyone on TV, talking about a sport...is bound to go nuts at some point.

• CMIO
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Steve Young is Aaron Rodgers with more concussions (because defense was still legal back then). They're really the only 2 QBs in history whose games were that efficient and dynamic (the actual meaning of the word dynamic; not the stupid way it's used today to describe anyone who's good).

Don't tell that to ESPN / NFLN. According to them, it doesn't get any more "dynamic" than Russell Wilson, despite the costly picks.
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
Sure Young only won 1 ring but how many of his teams from 91-98 that didn't win could beat the Pats with todays rules on the offensive side of the ball?

Honestly,IMO.....1991, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1997 and 1998. 1993 had some weaknesses in defense and I've always thought 1996 was the weakest of the young era.

I think this is the case where julian needs to know his role in the whole scheme of things. Steve has usually been very pro patriot and loves Tom Brady.

1 garrison Hearst broken ankle away from another super bowl!
And the concussions stopped him from leading the 49ers during The Garcia years
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Sure Young only won 1 ring but how many of his teams from 91-98 that didn't win could beat the Pats with todays rules on the offensive side of the ball?

Honestly,IMO.....1991, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1997 and 1998. 1993 had some weaknesses in defense and I've always thought 1996 was the weakest of the young era.

I think this is the case where julian needs to know his role in the whole scheme of things. Steve has usually been very pro patriot and loves Tom Brady.

1 garrison Hearst broken ankle away from another super bowl!
And the concussions stopped him from leading the 49ers during The Garcia years

Those 2 points are exactly right. Hearst broke his ankle on the very first offensive play of the game. They almost won the game with the backup RB, Terry Kirby. Steve's OL was awful and he spent his final years running away from defenders as soon as he got the ball.
Hi All
First post (ever)!

Didn't understand the anger from Edelman. He had a heck of a game but Brady over Montana? b***h please. And it irks me that NFL Network are all over the Brady bandwagon too.

He did it in a different era where the QB was protected! And even though I think deflategate is nonsense, Spygate for sure must be an asterisk against the last 4 Bowl wins.

He's great, HoF, but he's not on Montana's level. He surpassed 11TDs but that came in 1.5 as many Bowl games and with a load of picks. MONTANA WAS 11-0 in 4 games. He's the greatest of all time.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
"He's just mad because he can't be Joe Montana," said Edelman, a native of northern California. "I love Steve Young to death, but he's the biggest hypocrite of all. He just keeps crapping on us. I was a Niners fan growing up. I loved Joe Montana to death — he was my childhood hero. Steve Young's just mad because he couldn't get more than one [ring]."

http://www.geeksandcleats.com/2015/02/edelman-calls-steve-young-hypocrite-says-hes-salty-hes-not-montana/

dafuq? dude was like 3 when Montana left to KC. lying piece of s**t.
Share 49ersWebzone