LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

What do you think about Julian Edelman said about Steve Young?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well if we are gonna be technical an accurate, Steve Young actually has 3 Super Bowl rings. He started a few games in those 88-89 seasons an help the Niners get to the Super Bowl. Julian Edelman is a good guy who went a bit off track. Just needs to stay in his lane.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Thanks for beating the Seahawks

You can stfu now

Lol so much this
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He's right. Steve Young is a douche bag.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Thanks for beating the Seahawks

You can stfu now

Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Well if we are gonna be technical an accurate, Steve Young actually has 3 Super Bowl rings. He started a few games in those 88-89 seasons an help the Niners get to the Super Bowl. Julian Edelman is a good guy who went a bit off track. Just needs to stay in his lane.

Young could probably be the greatest backup QB to ever play the game but in that span from 87-92 and maybe 93 there were quite a few teams that had 2 good QB's.
What did young say to get this response out of Edelman?
Originally posted by KegBert:
What did young say to get this response out of Edelman?

Can't find anything.
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
Sure Young only won 1 ring but how many of his teams from 91-98 that didn't win could beat the Pats with todays rules on the offensive side of the ball?

Honestly,IMO.....1991, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1997 and 1998. 1993 had some weaknesses in defense and I've always thought 1996 was the weakest of the young era.

I think this is the case where julian needs to know his role in the whole scheme of things. Steve has usually been very pro patriot and loves Tom Brady.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 2, 2015 at 9:19 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Edelman should be tried for blasphemy.

A player has no right to criticize a football god.

Off with his head.

Steve Young has 3 rings. In 88 and 89 he played in 21 of 32 games. He did his part to earn credit for all 3 of his rings.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Steve Young has 3 rings. In 88 and 89 he played in 21 of 32 games. He did his part to earn credit for all 3 of his rings.

Steve is a HOFer who retired as the highest rated/most effecient qb and is at least a top 15 qb of alltime (he is a top 10 in my mind, but steve is my guy so there might be a little bias on my part).
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 2, 2015 at 9:31 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by okdkid:
He's right. Steve Young is a douche bag.

REALLY???

Steve vs Joe, fight about to ignite in 3....2....1....
I think he's got a girls name
You just won the Super Bowl. Who f*cking cares?
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
You just won the Super Bowl. Who f*cking cares?

I agree. This reminds me of a Seahawks type move. You won, enjoy the win. I mean did he get possessed by Doug Baldwin or somethin?
Share 49ersWebzone