There are 265 users in the forums

Cathartic Schadenfreude is not enough

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by richardkl01:
Nope.

LMAO. This!
Cathartic = providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis
Schadenfreude = : a feeling of enjoyment that comes from seeing or hearing about the troubles of other people

I'll admit a little feeling of schadenfreude at the anguish of the Seahawks fans who decided it would be classy to pose in front of Levi's stadium on their way to Arizona last week.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by judodono:
Bravo sir!

Well done fro!

Oh Yeah!!
For now it is. Lol
  • thl408
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Cathartic = providing psychological relief through the open expression of strong emotions; causing catharsis
Schadenfreude = : a feeling of enjoyment that comes from seeing or hearing about the troubles of other people

I just learned a new word that I will never use. All this time I was just 'hatin' on the seagulls.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
I love it.......
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Ok that´s enough - Schadenfreude - .......

The chase is on. Let´s go ! #questforsixstartsnow
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 2, 2015 at 11:22 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
I just learned a new word that I will never use. All this time I was just 'hatin' on the seagulls.

LoL this.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
True. A Seattle loss doesn't help the 49ers. It's up to Baalke to reload the cupboards, the coaches to show they belong, and the players to execute when the time comes. At this point, until they prove otherwise, if they TCOB I am optimistic these 49ers can get back to the top of the mountain at the end of the 2015 season.

I have to slightly disagree with this statement. SF does benefit from this Seattle superbowl loss due to the fact that they are our main competitors in the chase for a division title and the quest for 6. There is a lot of 2nd guessing in regards to coaching decisions/calls as a result of not running the ball from the 1 yard line last night. Something like this can divide a clubhouse and cause the FO to question things and as SF fans we know what happens then. Add in the fact that the Seahawks have a ton of question marks going into the offseason...Lynch returning, Sherman TJ surgery, Earl Thomas surgery, R.Wilson contract, and D.Quinn accepting a HC job.
Regardless, SF still has to handle their business and take the crown back but a superbowl loss like this can take a lot out of a team.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
There is no question about it Rickrock.

This is the type of loss that will haunt you for the next several years, if not for the rest of your career. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer person than Pete Carroll.
Originally posted by DeUh:

It started 2 decades ago
There is no question about it Rickrock.

This is the type of loss that will haunt you for the next several years, if not for the rest of your career. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer person than Pete Carroll.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

It started 2 decades ago

Touché
  • thl408

They see me rollin, they schadenfreudin.
Share 49ersWebzone