There are 311 users in the forums

49ers history thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
My first season as a fan

And the fact your still a fan is a testament to your "die-hardness" 2004 was brutal and essentially an expansion team.

I was a fan way before this but man did I drink the Barlow Kool-Aid, just wrong
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:

I did too....I loved the combo of him and Hearst. I thought he was gonna be a perennially 1200 yard guy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:

I did too....I loved the combo of him and Hearst. I thought he was gonna be a perennially 1200 yard guy.
lets go further back.. for one year the combo of delvin williams and wilbur jackson was pretty special in our history. of course my favorite, not to say they were the best,,,, was vic washington and ken willard
History! My favorite Rams game is actually NOT the '89 Championship game although I loved that one. It's earlier that season, when the Rams built a good lead and Georgia Frontieri came down to party with Rams players during the last two minutes of the FIRST HALF! I'll never forget the brief shot of Ronnie Lott glaring at them from the other side of the field as if to say, 'this isn't over.' Then of course, John Taylor proceeded to take not one, but two short slant passes for over 90 yards apiece for TD's with Jerry Rice blocking 60 to 70 yards down field. Unbelievable!

Originally posted by crake49:
History! My favorite Rams game is actually NOT the '89 Championship game although I loved that one. It's earlier that season, when the Rams built a good lead and Georgia Frontieri came down to party with Rams players during the last two minutes of the FIRST HALF! I'll never forget the brief shot of Ronnie Lott glaring at them from the other side of the field as if to say, 'this isn't over.' Then of course, John Taylor proceeded to take not one, but two short slant passes for over 90 yards apiece for TD's with Jerry Rice blocking 60 to 70 yards down field. Unbelievable!

Happy days! Just loved JT!
Originally posted by English:

That 89 team was easily one of the best in NFL history. When you think about the players, the coaches, the point differential in the playoffs and the absolute demolishing of Denver in the Super Bowl, that really was a very special team.

That 89 team was easily one of the best in NFL history. When you think about the players, the coaches, the point differential in the playoffs and the absolute demolishing of Denver in the Super Bowl, that really was a very special team.

Craig, Rathman, Rice, Taylor, Jones. good grief!

#1 offense in the league in points; #3 in points allowed; #1 in point differential; great offense AND great defense!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

#1 offense in the league in points; #3 in points allowed; #1 in point differential; great offense AND great defense!
i would match them up with the 84 team that whipped miami nice dilemma to have!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

my favorite rams game was on monday night football in 76 when we sacked the rams qb ten times,,amazing

Originally posted by cciowa:
my favorite rams game was on monday night football in 76 when we sacked the rams qb ten times,,amazing

That was pretty fantastic especially considering the fact that the Rams pretty much owned the rivalry in the 70's.

THANKS!

Great way to start a day.

Brought back some finememories.

JT was one of the most under-estimated WR ever.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
THANKS!

Great way to start a day.

Brought back some finememories.

JT was one of the most under-estimated WR ever.

Tremendous player; consistently top 5 in punt returning as well. I think he was #1 in the league in '88 or '89. I know he returned two punts for TD's in '88.
My first football memory, was 5 at the time...

After this I would run around the house with my orange nerf football and bounce off all the furniture until getting grounded for breaking something. Soon after I was no longer allowed in certain rooms of the house lol.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Apr 22, 2015 at 9:31 AM ]
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
My first football memory, was 5 at the time...

After this I would run around the house with my orange nerf football and bounce off all the furniture until getting grounded for breaking something. Soon after I was no longer allowed in certain rooms of the house lol.

I was watching TV and listening to Lon Simmons on the radio. The visual of Young finally stumbling into the end zone at the end along with Simmons' just flat out losing it on the call made me laugh so hard I choked up and spit out beer.
Share 49ersWebzone