There are 237 users in the forums

49ers history thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Two more staple Bill Walsh plays. 22 Z-in(top) and Bingo Cross(bottom).
Originally posted by 49erFan816:

Love the undershirt Young is wearing, white shirt with red arched "San Francisco" and then straight across underneath was "Forty Niners". Used to be a pretty common practice shirt back then, but in those days before Fanatics and the big stores like SA or Dick's, wasn't always easy to get gear but sometime in mid-80s I found one somewhere and bought it immediately, wore it for years...might have to bust out my box of "retired" 49er shirts/hats to see if it's in there.
Very snazzy short shorts, Joe!

1992 - SF vs Buf

Niners lose this one thanks to Cofer, but put up almost 600 yards despite missing Rice for 3 quarters. This is Shanny's first game at the stick as OC.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Apr 9, 2015 at 7:03 PM ]

Super Bowl XXIX 1st Half
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if you go to youtube there is some good footage of cedrick hardman and the gold rush from 75 76!
It's like reliving my childhood all over again! YAY!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Bandwagon fans

ah the memories

Super bowl XVI

Originally posted by jonnydel:
It's like reliving my childhood all over again! YAY!

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that it's been 20 years since SB29. I was a sophomore in HS and I can still remember that game like it was yesterday. Eventhough the NFC title game is still the most cherished memory of the 1994 season.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
by the comments in this thread, we can certainly decipher the authentic fans from the "recent success" fans.

AGREED ....seems a lot of so called "faithful fans" abandoned ship once again after last season, but just like a typical bandwagon Jumper, they'll all come running back once the team enjoys success again
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
by the comments in this thread, we can certainly decipher the authentic fans from the "recent success" fans.

AGREED ....seems a lot of so called "faithful fans" abandoned ship once again after last season, but just like a typical bandwagon Jumper, they'll all come running back once the team enjoys success again
many came on board in 2011. those and a few die hards have jumped off here in the off season. good. they were not needed anyway. you suffer through oj, joe thomas, hollywood henderson doing blow on the sidelines, fans with bags on their heads,,,, you can endure anything. 76 team should have went to the super bowl. poor willie mcgee
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i wish i could take a picture of my color 1972 team picture the niners sent me and post it but i do not think i can do so with my flip phone . i gave it to my youngest and the first thing she spotted was steve spurrier and promptly freaked out! I tried to tell her he was a good punter and got us into the playoffs in 73 when brodie was hurt but it did not do any good
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

many came on board in 2011. those and a few die hards have jumped off here in the off season. good. they were not needed anyway. you suffer through oj, joe thomas, hollywood henderson doing blow on the sidelines, fans with bags on their heads,,,, you can endure anything. 76 team should have went to the super bowl. poor willie mcgee

I don't get the doom and gloom. This is still a very talented ball club. In recent history the two drop dead years were '99 & '04. '99 is still my most painful because I was too young to experience pre Walsh era football. 2004 was just a senseless butchering of a team. It's like no lessons were learned from 1999. This current situation is nothing like those years.
Share 49ersWebzone