There are 221 users in the forums

49ers history thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
35 years ago today......

The first TD of the game was also on sprint option. Primary was the target on it though

The first TD is how it looks about 90% of the time. That's what made the catch so special.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
Montana, Young, and Bono sure was a great QB trio. Quite possibly the best in history. The Raiders at one time had Lamonica, Blanda, and Stabler.
The only other time two HOF QBs followed each other was Van Brocklin following Waterfield on the 40's and 50's Los Angeles Rams. Of that Raider group you named only Blanda is in the HOF.
Originally posted by BobS:
Montana, Young, and Bono sure was a great QB trio. Quite possibly the best in history. The Raiders at one time had Lamonica, Blanda, and Stabler.
The only other time two HOF QBs followed each other was Van Brocklin following Waterfield on the 40's and 50's Los Angeles Rams. Of that Raider group you named only Blanda is in the HOF.

Gonna happen with favre/Rodgers down the line.
History may be raising it's weary head once again. Niners will have their choice of a one season wonder at QB or a guy that the pundits will declare is a system QB and will not translate to the big stage. Sounds familiar Smith vs. Rogers and trubisky vs. Watson? Will history repeat? Only time will tell!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by BobS:

Gonna happen with favre/Rodgers down the line.
That is inevitable, but for now there are only two sets.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
History may be raising it's weary head once again. Niners will have their choice of a one season wonder at QB or a guy that the pundits will declare is a system QB and will not translate to the big stage. Sounds familiar Smith vs. Rogers and trubisky vs. Watson? Will history repeat? Only time will tell!

Nah
http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/105329-steve-young-traded-49ers-years-ago-today/
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/105329-steve-young-traded-49ers-years-ago-today/

am glad we got him,. i still would have traded him for derrick thomas.. am reading his new book. good read. not derrick thomas but steve youngs book
Thanks cc, great memories. Nobody can see enough of it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Thanks cc, great memories. Nobody can see enough of it.

I have tried to you tube and there are a couple of things. but i really wish there was a way we could see some highlights of the original 76 gold rush defense. 61 sacks in a 14 game season. ten alone on a monday night game vs the rams. the kids really need to see how violently good that team was. had it not been for a injury to willie mcgee I really really think we could have won the super bowl that year behind jim plunkett , that violent defense and the tandem of delvin and wilbur

I remember hearing that Bill Walsh himself said this was the finest game he ever called. Regular season '81 vs Dallas
The Greatest history of all time.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Fred Dean!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
cedrick hardman tommy hart

"Same Ole Sorry Ass Rams...."
Share 49ersWebzone