There are 193 users in the forums

congrats Charles haley

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
Congrats to Charles Haley!!!

I will always believe that he was the SINGLE REASON (the trade to Dallas) that the power of the 49ers had shifted to Dallas..

That and Deion Sanders too.

Kept those two somehow, and we probably have 2-3 more Championships. Really.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Well Deion went to the Cowboys after they already won back to back titles in 92 and 93 and a 3rd straight NFC title game appearance in 94 when they lost to the 49ers who had Deion at the time.
Originally posted by 49erFan816:

Well Deion went to the Cowboys after they already won back to back titles in 92 and 93 and a 3rd straight NFC title game appearance in 94 when they lost to the 49ers who had Deion at the time.

Not to sidetrack, but I couldn't imagine how dominant the 1995 defense would have been with prime at one of the corners. They finished 2nd without him and only gave up like 60-65 yards on the ground.

Hell, with him on defense it wouldnt have matter that trestman was going ridiculously pass happy on offense(62% pass/38% Rush).
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 3, 2015 at 7:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:

Not to sidetrack, but I couldn't imagine how dominant the 1995 defense would have been with prime at one of the corners. They finished 2nd without him and only gave up like 60-65 yards on the ground.

Hell, with him on defense it wouldnt have matter that trestman was going ridiculously pass happy on offense(62% pass/38% Rush).

I think that 95 team had Larry Brown at the other corner. Quite a pass defense.

I don't know about that. I still think the Cowboys would've won 1992 and 1993. And Favre always had our number
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I don't know about that. I still think the Cowboys would've won 1992 and 1993. And Favre always had our number
Deion would had his as well as he would have locked up and erased Antonio Freeman. Haley would've eaten Favre as well
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Deion would had his as well as he would have locked up and erased Antonio Freeman. Haley would've eaten Favre as well

You seen how bad the Cowboys beat the Packers with Haley and Deion on the team. If the niners would have kept Deion then they probably could have beaten the packers pretty easily. Not like Freeman and Rison were a big name receiving core. Not on the level of Rice and Taylor/Owens
[ Edited by 49erFan816 on Feb 3, 2015 at 9:04 PM ]
You seen how bad the Cowboys beat the Packers with Haley and Deion on the team. If the niners would have kept Deion then they probably could have beaten the packers pretty easily. Not like Freeman and Rison were a big name receiving core. Not on the level of Rice and Taylor/Owens

Yea man. Deion was erasing whole sides of the football field
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:

TRESTMAN was not our OC when Deion was with the 49ers... it was Mike Shanahan..

Trestman was hired AFTER Mike left to Denver and our offense was never the same..
Originally posted by 9moon:
TRESTMAN was not our OC when Deion was with the 49ers... it was Mike Shanahan..

Trestman was hired AFTER Mike left to Denver and our offense was never the same..

I know that....I was talking about how even more dominant the 1995 defense could have been had deion stayed. They were number 2 without him and could have been an all timer with him. Its in this sense (1995, if prime stayed) it wouldn't have mattered how trestman dramatically shifted the p/r ratio.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 4, 2015 at 10:36 AM ]

Says that Tom Brady's SB rings are tainted. In other words Joe's still better.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Says that Tom Brady's SB rings are tainted. In other words Joe's still better.

charles did like joe better than young
Share 49ersWebzone