There are 247 users in the forums

Tim Lewis-DB coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LVJay:
He was pretty good and seemed like he was gonna take off until the neck injury ... we got him now

Probably still better in coverage than Taylor Mays.
My step Dad is a huge Steeler fan, so I grew up watching my fair share of Steelers games. I remember the really good secondarys and Defensive teames that he had there. I really like this hire.

Originally posted by buck:
Here is something

Defensive backs coach Tim Lewis, who helped developed second-year cornerbacks Desmond Trufant and Robert Alford, is set to join the San Francisco 49ers, according to Alex Marvez of Fox Sports.

Former Washington assistant Raheem Morris will be the Falcons next defensive backs coach.

The Falcons had Lewis come the office last Monday to evaluate the defensive backs' play from last season as his last official duty.

The development of the cornerbacks was one of the lone bright spots on the league's 32nd ranked defense.

Lewis joined the Falcons in 2010 after stints with the Pittsburgh Steelers (1995-2003) and New York Giants (2004-2006).

http://atlantafalcons.blog.ajc.com/2015/01/31/report-tim-lewis-named-defensive-backs-coach/

That's a really good point as well. Trufant and Alford really came on last year before injuries started piling up.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheRambler:
FANTASTIC HIRE

Jed/Baalke continue making good assistant hiring despite the whining from some of our uninformed "fans"

If that's true, that is part of the problem that people have with the whole situation. Since when does the front office hire the coaches........

Note the difference.

The team announced head coach Todd Bowles hired Jimmie Johnson as tight ends coach, Daylon McCutcheon as assistant secondary coach and Ryan Slowik as assistant defensive line/quality control coach.

General manager Mike Maccagnan continued to reshape the front office, hiring former Bears scout Rex Hogan as senior director of college scouting, replacing Terry Bradway, who was fired after 14 years with the team.

The only thing I can figure is as we have feared, they are making up for Tomsula's lack of connections.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
FANTASTIC HIRE

Jed/Baalke continue making good assistant hiring despite the whining from some of our uninformed "fans"

If that's true, that is part of the problem that people have with the whole situation. Since when does the front office hire the coaches........

Note the difference.

The team announced head coach Todd Bowles hired Jimmie Johnson as tight ends coach, Daylon McCutcheon as assistant secondary coach and Ryan Slowik as assistant defensive line/quality control coach.

General manager Mike Maccagnan continued to reshape the front office, hiring former Bears scout Rex Hogan as senior director of college scouting, replacing Terry Bradway, who was fired after 14 years with the team.

The only thing I can figure is as we have feared, they are making up for Tomsula's lack of connections.

feared? if he has no connections and then they bring in this type of dynamite staff that's not bad at all is it?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
He was pretty good and seemed like he was gonna take off until the neck injury ... we got him now

Probably still better in coverage than Taylor Mays.

LOL!!!

I liked that pick (at the time)
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Does this hire entice cox and/or culli to resign?
[ Edited by Baldie on Jan 31, 2015 at 5:08 PM ]
Nice pickup.

Even nicer that he was lured away from ATL.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
FANTASTIC HIRE

Note the difference.

feared? if he has no connections and then they bring in this type of dynamite staff that's not bad at all is it?

So where is the proof that it was all the FO on this hire? You guys are acting like Tomsula is just sitting around right now. Logan came out of retirement for Tomsula, seems like he is the one manning the phones now.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for GorefullBore.
FANTASTIC HIRE

If that's true, that is part of the problem that people have with the whole situation. Since when does the Ifront office hire the coaches........

Note the difference.

Phoenix was saying how the front office was doing the hiring and not Tomsula. I was just saying why that may be. Perhaps feared was a bit of a strong word as I am pretty happy with how most of the staff has been filled out.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 31, 2015 at 7:26 PM ]
FANTASTIC HIRE

I wouldn't call them uninformed, some don't view guys like Tarver, and Mangini better than Leavitt and Fangio like myself.

The problem is that Jed and Baalke are hiring, and not Tomsula, which indicates one of two things, 1. He has little say, due to being a figure head, or 2. He has no connections around the league, or not as much as a guy like Harbaugh did.

I'm sick of hearing people say we are whinning, when Jed is being cheap with this crap, Tomsula is a bottom 5 paid HC, and we went from a top paid staff to probably a bottom 5 paid staff. Now I have no issues with Lewis as DB coach, I am sick of people acting like if you don't agree with Jed and Trent then you're not faithful, that;s disrespectful to me, as being a die hard since 94, and everyone knows how dedicated I am to following, and tracking cap figures, I don't buy the crap that Jed spews like others do.

I look at it as this, Would NE fire Belicheck? Who has gotten them to be a winning franchise, and a model franchise, why would Jed fire Harbs after 1 bad season? He had some personal issue with him, that to makes him look like a lower level owner compared to the Robert Kraft's of the NFL.

FANTASTIC HIRE

If that's true, that is part of the problem that people have with the whole situation. Since when does the Ifront office hire the coaches........

Note the difference.

Phoenix was saying how the front office was doing the hiring and not Tomsula. I was just saying why that may be. Perhaps feared was a bit of a strong word as I am pretty happy with how most of the staff has been filled out.

As far as I can tell from the reports, Tomsula has been the one contacting these individuals and hiring them. Jed has said all he's doing is writing the checks, and from I recall, Baalke has said he has no bearing on who Tomsula chooses on his staff, that it's his staff and his job to get the people on board. It was reported that when Tomsula interviewed, he already had a list of assistants he wanted to inquire about to bring on staff here.

I don't think Jed and Baalke have much to do with the hiring, and at most the only thing I think they might've provided were some other names in the hat for Jim to contact if needed. By all accounts, the indication is that JT is doing basically all of the work when it comes to assembling the staff.
And lets say Tomsula is hiring, then why are qulaified coaches turning down a chance to be OC, or DC, well I guess it's right from what NFL people are saying, they fear Tomsula is a one and done HC, which could be right IMO.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
FANTASTIC HIRE

Note the difference.

So where is the proof that it was all the FO on this hire? You guys are acting like Tomsula is just sitting around right now. Logan came out of retirement for Tomsula, seems like he is the one manning the phones now.

not you guys lol. im just disputing a perceived diss. one of the most important hires (logan) is directly because of tomsula's relationship.

that's better.

we did the totalitarian thing and it didn't end well. let's have a true republic and see what some experienced bright minds can come up with...offensively speaking.

defense was perfect, offense was broken special teams was meh which means if 1 or 2 of those things are unwillingly to be corrected, you've got to change imo.

and i saw no reason to get rid of harbaugh other than greg roman.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
And lets say Tomsula is hiring, then why are qulaified coaches turning down a chance to be OC, or DC, well I guess it's right from what NFL people are saying, they fear Tomsula is a one and done HC, which could be right IMO.

You say qualified coaches like the coaches we have been getting aren't not only qualified but absolute steals at some of the key positions we've hired them for?
Share 49ersWebzone