LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Potential Ways to create cap space, plus contract guarantees, bonuses due, etc.. for 2015

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Can we restructure Stevie? We need to keep him, but I don't see that happening at $6m.

3yrs, 12 million sounds about right
Why would he sign that? He could get that going to a great offensive situation like Indy or get a ton more going across the bay.

And speaking of across the bay and demaryius Thomas. A few of us were talking at work. The raiders are going to ruin FA this year.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Can we restructure Stevie? We need to keep him, but I don't see that happening at $6m.

3yrs, 12 million sounds about right
Why would he sign that? He could get that going to a great offensive situation like Indy or get a ton more going across the bay.

And speaking of across the bay and demaryius Thomas. A few of us were talking at work. The raiders are going to ruin FA this year.

D Thomas most likely gets the Franchise tag
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Hope Stevie Johnson is on the team by September. If Kaps work with Warner helps than Johnson could have a big year.
I get why people are saying that Stevie had a down year, but it may have been due to them not wanting to give up a 3rd rd pick, so they limited him to so many plays, why they played Lloyd over him to start the season. I honestly doubt Johnson is cut this offseason.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I extended Stevie, Aldon, restructured Willis, and resigned Gore....

Manage The Cap simulator

http://fanspeak.com/mtc/
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
So what you're telling me is that there's no way in hell Dahl is coming back................................

Since this is bizarro off-season, they are probably getting ready to extend him and pay him like a starter. Bethea better be worried tho, all he did was play great and make the pro bowl
Yes that last game interception sealed him a new big deal.
Originally posted by Janitor:

Manage The Cap simulator

How is that Janitor? OverTheCap is supplying them the numbers, wonder how well it is, might have to try it out.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Stevie Johnson is closer to a #1 than a #2. He didnt have nearly as many opportunities as he deserved last season. When he got the ball he looked better than Crabtree did, and it wasn't close.

Stevie was the best receiver on the roster last year and that includes Boldin. If he had as many opportunities as Boldin, I firmly believe he would have been more productive than Boldin was. That's not a knock on Boldin, but at this point in both of their careers, Stevie is better. The saddest thing about Harbaugh's last year is things like this: you have a productive receiver who makes plays just about every time you put him in the game, and yet you make him stand on the sidelines for most of every game while Crabtree half asses it out there and an inferior player in Lloyd gets more snaps. Pathetic. I mean, it's not like they just weren't aware that he could make plays. He did it right in front of their eyes every damn time they put him on the field. They can't try to say he wasn't ready or Kap had no chemistry because we saw them connecting on the limited snaps Stevie got.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Feb 1, 2015 at 12:55 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Manage The Cap simulator

How is that Janitor? OverTheCap is supplying them the numbers, wonder how well it is, might have to try it out.
I used it to restructure Stevie, Kap, and cut Brooks, was able to resign Gore, Cox, Culliver, Cook and Skuta. Still had room for draft and a couple more FA 2nd tier. I used comparable salaries to other CB around the league and gave Gore 2 years.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by boast:
better not cut Stevie J. with Crab leaving, he needs to be an instrumental cog in the offense next season.

Now this I agree with you...and even in the very unlikely event Crabtree did come back, Johnson should still play the bigger role because he's flat-out better.

Want to keep Johnson but am still worried about the comments criticizing his route running. A second year with Kaepernick should really help them be on the smae page. Keeping him is good insurance with Boldin's age.

This

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Wow, all of the sudden we make the s**tty as cheap franchises look like big spenders.

Niners are always right up against the cap and have been masters at signing players to team friendly contracts to keep more of their guys on the squad.

....peeps seem to suddenly forget that with the coaching change. From a player personnel standpoint, the team hasn't changed.

I hope you are correct Marvin, but I doubt it. Players have signed team friendly contracts because they wanted to play for Harbaugh and a playoff contender. But when your owner tweets "unacceptable" after the Seattle loss, and basically drives Harbaugh out of town, when no respectable coach will even interview here, the great free agent signings and team friendly restructurings are likely to melt away. From a player personnel standpoint, I bet a lot has changed.

We'll see.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Manage The Cap simulator

Pretty good for a quick bit of fun finagling. Not as in-depth as the calculator at OTC though.
Brooks gets cut
Dahl gets cut

We save about 6 million. I think this is happening for sure bc lynch is here to replace brooks and ward could be a backup safety.

We can use the 6 mil to get a de in free agency if Justin smith retires or maybe go after a wr like Torrey smith the 6 would help even though he would require about 8-9

This is happening, but the good news are the replacements are better so we save money AND get better on d
With Seely out and a new special teams coach coming in, I can see that as an excuse to cut Dawson and find a promising younger guy. Dawson was still fairly good last year but I would imagine the team might think they can do as well with a younger guy with a fresh leg
If Gore isn't enamored with the new staff and wants to play for another team that he thinks has a better chance at winning a ring, how much would Marshawn set us back in comparison to resigning Gore?
Share 49ersWebzone