There are 277 users in the forums

What's the ceiling for this team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Ceiling???

- CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG - 2015!!!
Originally posted by 49ersfaninia:
I think two wins is the max for this years team. I just don't think that this coaching staff could coach an all-Pro team to more then two wins.

How can we ask these questions before free agency and the draft?
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Originally posted by 9erguy:
16-0 = cieling
0-16 = floor

With the talent on this team we will win 10+ games next season.

This - and this is being realistic. Anyone else noticing the many new posters showing up in NT (as the one who created this thread) and throwing around over-the-top, jumping-to-conclusions negativity or unrealistic comments like this one? Starting to think what many of you already know...trolls are coming out from all over.

Thank you for pointing that out. I too have noticed that an awful lot of the posters predicting gloom and doom have double-digit posts. When you think about it, this would be a lot of fun for a Niner-hater.

?t=11s
Originally posted by crake49:
16-0 = cieling
0-16 = floor

This - and this is being realistic. Anyone else noticing the many new posters showing up in NT (as the one who created this thread) and throwing around over-the-top, jumping-to-conclusions negativity or unrealistic comments like this one? Starting to think what many of you already know...trolls are coming out from all over.

Thank you for pointing that out. I too have noticed that an awful lot of the posters predicting gloom and doom have double-digit posts. When you think about it, this would be a lot of fun for a Niner-hater.

Exactly.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Jan 29, 2015 at 3:31 PM ]
Superbowl!!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
High enough for a Cawk troll to hang itself

Hang em high, Cawk trolls!!
I think two wins is the max for this years team. I just don't think that this coaching staff could coach an all-Pro team to more then two wins.

And you base that on what??
Originally posted by 9moon:
Ceiling???

- CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG - 2015!!!

AKA The Ultimate Statue

Originally posted by crake49:
16-0 = cieling
0-16 = floor

Exactly.

In being realistic, how do you expect the new coaching staff of Harbaugh's assistants to get more out of our players than Harbaugh and his highly experienced coaches did the first year out? There will be some initial excitement, which Tomsula can provide like Singletary did before him. But the rah-rah motivation doesn't go very far in the pros. How do you think Tomsula and Geepus Chryst's new offense going to do against Seattle, Arizona and St. Louis?

It is still very early, but with our current staff and roster, I think we will win between 6-10 games. Underachieving at 6, realistically 8, and exceeding expectations at 10.
We're going to Lose With Class, just like Jed cheapskate poor little rich boy York wants. He got his stadium, winning doesn't matter to this criminal.

York should be arrested, his property (the 49ers) seized because he has engaged in blatant fraud and criminal acts.
The city of Santa Clara, San Francisco and the State of California all have claims against this thief and mafia fat boy.
Originally posted by Niners418:

How can we ask these questions before free agency and the draft?

We could spend every draft pick on a bust, and not sign a single free agent.....and we will win more than 2 games.

Too early to make a strong prediction. I'd like to reserve that until after training camp. BUT, I feel like Tomsula is more underappreciated and underrated than ever right now, and looking at our team and the staff we've assembled which I really like.. this is what I think.

1. We're getting a BUNCH of players back from injury. That alone has to be worth a minimum of a game improvement over last season.

2. We're expected to move back towards what was working on offense, with some tweaks to help improve other areas. Even if we start out basic as we transition, I still see us improving our play clock management and second half scoring. That should be at a minimum a one to two-game improvement..

3. I think we've upgraded several staff positions, but DC is the big unknown. Fangio obviously did a great job. Will Mangini have the same caliber "tip sheet"? It's hard to expect him to match it, even if he does very well, so I'll say minus one game here.

4. I think the 49ers will face one of the toughest schedules in the NFL next season, so I'll dock a game here due to strength of schedule.

5. There should be less distractions this season - No Harbaugh losing the locker room junk, no holdouts, hopefully no suspensions, etc. - For this, I will add a game improvement.

6. I would also add a game improvement to the games we absolutely blew it (Chicago, St. Louis, San Diego). I expect us to finish games better.

Overall, I think we should win a minimum of 9 games. But I think 10 or more wins at the moment seems very reasonable.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 31, 2015 at 4:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone