LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

What's the ceiling for this team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
16-0 = ceiling
0-16 = floor

With the talent on this team we will win 10+ games next season.
[ Edited by 9erguy on Jan 29, 2015 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erguy:
16-0 = cieling
0-16 = floor

With the talent on this team we will win 10+ games next season.

This - and this is being realistic. Anyone else noticing the many new posters showing up in NT (as the one who created this thread) and throwing around over-the-top, jumping-to-conclusions negativity or unrealistic comments like this one? Starting to think what many of you already know...trolls are coming out from all over.
  • stick
  • Veteran
11-5. Book it.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
No wonder why our stadium is so quiet with fans like this, always pessimistic. Really? A 2 win team with the talent we have?? Lol okay.

As an over all our fans are not great. But there are optimistic fans. I remember we were on d during the chiefs game and a lady in front of me turned around and went "SSHHHH!" when I was yelling on 3rd down.
I'd be shocked if we finished below .500 (barring injuries, of course)
JIm Tomsula will be coaching this team in the playoffs. I don't know how far, but the talent remains that harbaw and romn turned into an 8-8 team. What a miserable coaching failure that pair was. And jimbo showed it in his conservative and unimaginative coaching on D, as well as O. So I see better days ahead, mainly because the anchors on this team , Harbaw and roman are gone. Good damn riddance.
Originally posted by 49ersfaninia:
I think two wins is the max for this years team. I just don't think that this coaching staff could coach an all-Pro team to more then two wins.

The disease of low expectations . . . . . . Understand this: Last season was a down year. Nothing more, nothing less. And we caught a severe case of the injury bug up and down the roster that no team really can recover from. Sure we had a coach the tried to turn Kaep into something he wasn't, with disastrous effects, but refuse to adjust. But we were still 8-8 (certainly not enough for JH to be fired and the coaching staff blown up). Even with some probable losses to FA we still have one of the top 3 most talented teams that's playoff-ready. I expect the 49ers to at least go deep in the playoffs and challenge for a conference title again. Am I confident of this coaching staff and FO? HELL NO!! And I still have a lot to say about that yet. If this team comes away without a long playoff run this season Trent and Jed should burn in effigy from the Bay Bridge to Santa Clara, York replaced by the owners, and Trent thrown out on his ass.

This off season should not be an excuse for fans to expect mediocrity
Assuming no major injuries:

6-7 wins based on talent alone
3-4 wins based on good coaching
1-2 wins based on good luck (ball bouncing our way)

The ceiling range is 10-13 wins IMO but of course there are so many factors that can derail this based on the components above. I believe FA will tell us a lot of where this team is headed (Gore, Cowboy, Crab, Iupati) and how they will be using Kaep going forward. He is the key to a lot of wins. The draft will be the next step, but I dont see a major impact to the field in 2015 from whoever we draft.

I am trying to be optimistis through the mess that's been created and hope the coaching staff can put it all together!
Class will be the ceiling.

Originally posted by father49er:
Class will be the ceiling.

This !!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'd say 12 wins is the ceiling, but that's being very optimistic that this rag-tag bunch of coaches ends up working out, that Bowman comes back even beastlier than ever, that Kaepernick improves significantly after working with Warner, that the offense is more explosive and that the defense doesn't regress much. Still a talented roster but a lot of questions swirling around.

If I had to make a prediction right now, I'd say that 9-7 is what I'm expecting right now.

Agree overall.

Our schedule isn't as tough as last year.

12 wins is VERY reachable.

These coaches aren't cream of the crop guys BUT they've been around and know the game.

We have a very talented roster and new guys coming in off IR.

2 wins is an opinion bore of frustration.

We will surprise a lot of people.

The NFL is FULL of talented coaches who fail all the time.

I said it before and I'll stay pat - 11-5 and into the playoffs.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
JIm Tomsula will be coaching this team in the playoffs. I don't know how far, but the talent remains that harbaw and romn turned into an 8-8 team. What a miserable coaching failure that pair was. And jimbo showed it in his conservative and unimaginative coaching on D, as well as O. So I see better days ahead, mainly because the anchors on this team , Harbaw and roman are gone. Good damn riddance.

Sir - I salute you.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by 4ML:
If Rams get a decent QB play - we will likely finish at the bottom of the division. 6-10 or 7-9.

This season will not be pretty.

If we get decent QB/offensive play, we win the division.

YES!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
No wonder why our stadium is so quiet with fans like this, always pessimistic. Really? A 2 win team with the talent we have?? Lol okay.

As an over all our fans are not great. But there are optimistic fans. I remember we were on d during the chiefs game and a lady in front of me turned around and went "SSHHHH!" when I was yelling on 3rd down.

Different bread of fans at Levi's verses Candlestick. I think fans at Levi's are there more to chill/drink/socialize. I mean Levi's is state of the art and has so much technology. At the stick, there's not much to do except cheer your a** off.
Share 49ersWebzone