There are 249 users in the forums

What's the ceiling for this team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm expecting them to go 8-8, maybe 9-7...

This team has too much talent to be completely awful (less than 4 win team) but they're also in a stacked division with Seahawks and Cardinals being talented teams in their own right, plus both teams have a significant coaching edge on us right now (Carroll, Arians >>>>>>>>> Tomsula and co). Even the Lambs are a young, talented team, they're a QB away from really being competitive.
Talk about your fair-weather fans...wow. It's way too early to even think about how many wins...there's a whole off-season to go through. FA, draft...how about letting it play out before you have a doomsday forecast.
We saw the ceiling this year with 8 wins. We might get 9 wins and miss out on the playoffs if we can manage to beat the Cards or Rams twice. Oh, joy!
The ceiling is the Super Bowl. The floor is the #1 pick of next years draft. The sky is blue. This thread is retarded.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
The ceiling is the Super Bowl. The floor is the #1 pick of next years draft. The sky is blue. This thread is retarded.

Water is wet.
OPs ceiling is 2 wins ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
OPs ceiling is 2 wins ?

Silly, isn't it. How does this top-10 defense getting Bowman, Willis, Dorsey and Williams back allow enough scoring to take 14 losses even without Justin Smith? And if the offense is even just a little better, how do they not get more wins than they did last year?
The Niners were 8-8 last year with a lame duck coach who half the team was playing for. A defense without the two best linebackers in the game and best pass rusher not playing. Terrible, horrible scheme and play calling on offense any improvement the team is more than fine.

The roster is easily a 11-12 win team. People saying 2 or 3 wins are either Seahawks fans, Raiders fans or do not know a thing about football.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
OPs ceiling is 2 wins ?

Silly, isn't it. How does this top-10 defense getting Bowman, Willis, Dorsey and Williams back allow enough scoring to take 14 losses even without Justin Smith? And if the offense is even just a little better, how do they not get more wins than they did last year?

Because they think it's the end of the world because we didn't get a superstar staff. I think 10 or 11 is very doable.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
If Rams get a decent QB play - we will likely finish at the bottom of the division. 6-10 or 7-9.

This season will not be pretty.

Originally posted by 49ersfaninia:
I think two wins is the max for this years team. I just don't think that this coaching staff could coach an all-Pro team to more then two wins.

I question your fandom and overall knowledge of our team. You do realize the current players on our team, correct? They would all have to purposely lay down to *only* win 2 games.

I think the ceiling for YOU being a fan of the 49ers is today. Which is why you should jump ship right now!

Originally posted by 4ML:
If Rams get a decent QB play - we will likely finish at the bottom of the division. 6-10 or 7-9.

This season will not be pretty.

If we get decent QB/offensive play, we win the division.
It depends on how good the coaching staff turns out to be and if Baalke can continue to stockpile talent on this team. I see he's done a good job most of the time, but he's got to do better at finding hidden gems wherever they may be within and outside of the draft.

I'd say 8-8 again -- unless Kaepernick has improved greatly, the O-line has improved play, all of the injured players come back as good if not better than they were before their injuries, we draft instant impact players, and the coaching staff turns out to be good; if all these things fall into line --the sky is the limit.
Ceiling? Super Bowl victory. Any other answer is clearly over thinking things. The talent is clearly there.

Will the new coaching staff use that talent efficiently enough to achieve that? Only the games themselves will reveal that.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone