Is it 2010 again? It sure feels like it. I noted when typing in the title that I was warned that this thread already existed (http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/145445-the-morning-perk-with-fropwns/), so, I clicked on it. And well, it felt, familiar. As I read time passed, and I realized, s**t, "I am late!" So, I needed a lift into Ninertalk this morning and I called Trent Baalke.

This is a summary of our conversation. For the uninformed, I am the one hanging outside the window, closely followed by some strange young woman. Trent is driving.

And there you have it, Ninertalk. THERE AIN'T NO PLAN! I guess that is unfair. The plan was to rid ourselves of Jim Harbaugh.

I am not sure, but I am pretty sure, that we all can agree that Harbaugh helped turn around the franchise and reestablish a winning tradition in San Francisco. I think none of us can seriously say that he did nothing.

There in lies the problem, we cannot, with a straight face, say that his staff accomplished nothing. And for all the angst about Roman, and questions of Harbaugh's ability as a quarterback whisper, we should not give in too much to revisionist history. I have noted a very fine current trickling through the forum that is poo pooing our former Head Coach's contributions.

Alex Smith's turn around

, Three NFC Title games in a row,

one Super Bowl appearance, arguably a year ahead of schedule,
and the emergence of our Franchise QB--love him or hate him.

The man and his staff contributed to the organization. But that was then...

And welp, here is today. Turns to his side "Yo, Tito, cue the music!"

Let's be clear, this went well until the 3 minute mark when Jed York came out and introduced Tomsula. And for the record, I have nothing against the man. Any dude or dudette that can go from living in their car to being the head coach of the 49ers? s**t, man. You gotta love that!
But then he started talking and it was clear he was nervous. It was painfully clear. No, he doesn't have to be a great public speaker. A lot of folks would point at Bill Bellicheet and say, he looks like a slob and never says anything. But that is all by choice. The ninerfaithful were floored by his comments.

But, we are resilient. We got back up. And we tried again to believe. #YOUMUSTBELIEVE2015

Then he started naming the staff. And it seemed to many that more turned us down then those who were interested in working with a very talented football team.

So, who rounds out the new staff? The Mangenius! DC

and apparently...

Geep Chryst as OC. The man can't even spell his name right and he is running the 49er O??!!??! Seriously, though. On the famous catch by VD (Saints game), it was this guy that called the play (all the plays of the drive in fact). Let that be a lesson to you, if you do one thing right in your life, you too could someday be the offensive coordinator of the San Francisco 49ers.

Yeah, there are other folks that they hired--and yes, the defense, seems to be better than the offense. But was't this all along about fixing the offense? And isn't Chryst, a Harbaugh guy? So much confusion.

I love a good ballad. Especially with an orchestra and a chorus behind it. So, how have the fans rightly reacted?

Ladies and gentlemen, Ms. Vera Lynn

Have a good day!

I am Fropwns
[ Edited by fropwns on Jan 29, 2015 at 8:18 AM ]