There are 238 users in the forums

Are they working on keeping Gore ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tohara3:
Not sure if I want the Niners to spend $4 million to re-sign Gore. Love the guy, but we have a bunch of pieces to get & re-sign here

ill take Gore. dude was still a top back last year on a busted ass, disorganized team in the middle of a MAJOR breakdown. Gore is a stud, sign him up for a year or two at the most and let him and hyde split time like gore and barlow did. when hyde shows he can handle it and we get gore a ring, then he can retire.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by buck:
I almost always present an optimistic view of the future, but today I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Begin with the base assumption that the front office and ownership have totally screwed this team. Then add the assumption that the players know the front office and ownership not only have screwed the team but they are also conniving, backstabbing, idiotic buffoons.

The 10 things that I predict:.

1. Justin Smith will retire.
2. Anquan Boldin will retire
3. Colin Kaepernick retires and announces that will become a male model.
4. Aldon Smith will drink a fifth of single malt scotch immediately prior to meeting with his probation officer.
5. Patrick Willis will retire
6. Navarro Bowman will retire
7. Vernon Davis will hold out for the whole season.
8. Ahmad Brooks will hit Tomsula over the head with a beer bottle.
9. Not one of the 49er free agents will re-sign with the team.
10.. Not one free agent for another team will even talk to the 49ers, much less sign with the team.

Justin Smith, Anquan Boldin, Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, and Colin Kaepernick, Frank Gore will hold a press conference to denounce the front office for its duplicitous firing of Harbaugh.

Aldon Smith will miss the press conference because he got busted for DUI on the way to the press conference.
Ahmad Brooks did not show up but he was reportedly last seen with two bottles of beer in his hands and asking everybody if they knew where Baalke and York were.

The NFL, under massive fan pressure, puts the 49ers into receivership and gives control of the team to Jack Harbaugh---Jim's father.

Whew that felt good.

Post of the year!

is this real life?

For Paul Pessimist, this is real life at its best.

I think if the right back is available in the draft we let Frank walk. I love his loyalty, but I am over of his one dimensional style, power running between the tackles, no speed to the edges. We have built our entire offense around him, and his style. We have drafted huge power run game linemen, and all our wide outs have "great blocking ability" (read this as too large to be speedsters).
If he stays fine with me, more of the same offense, what ever, its boring, but steady. I would like to see a return to a multifaceted run game, more outside running, more sweeps, more zone read, as well as screen passing and wheel route from the backs. With the huge brutish O-line, and an I-formation back, we can never run a true "West Coast Offense"
We need to build a smaller faster (read cheaper) Offensive line, and build an offense around Kaepernick and his skill set, more pistol, some level two back sets, and lots of east west running. Throw in some short passing to the edges in order to spread the defense out along the line of scrimmage, and we could be deadly. Ore power run attack, and lack of threats to attack the edge of the LOS, result in a a crowded box, with 8-9 defenders lined up between our tackles. When a defense does this you must have the weapons to attack the edges.
So stay, go, one thing is for certain, he can't be the feature of the offense much longer.
Let him walk. Cheaper and better versions in the draft.
Baalke has said many times he wants Gore back, lets trust that he is speaking the truth.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
I almost always present an optimistic view of the future, but today I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Begin with the base assumption that the front office and ownership have totally screwed this team. Then add the assumption that the players know the front office and ownership not only have screwed the team but they are also conniving, backstabbing, idiotic buffoons.

4. Aldon Smith will drink a fifth of single malt scotch immediately prior to meeting with his probation officer.
10.. Not one free agent for another team will even talk to the 49ers, much less sign with the team.

Justin Smith, Anquan Boldin, Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, and Colin Kaepernick, Frank Gore will hold a press conference to denounce the front office for its duplicitous firing of Harbaugh.

Aldon Smith will miss the press conference because he got busted for DUI on the way to the press conference.
Ahmad Brooks did not show up but he was reportedly last seen with two bottles of beer in his hands and asking everybody if they knew where Baalke and York were.

The NFL, under massive fan pressure, puts the 49ers into receivership and gives control of the team to Jack Harbaugh---Jim's father.

Whew that felt good.

Post of the year!

is this real life?

For Paul Pessimist, this is real life at its best.

The one positive of your predictions is that VD will hold out for the entire season.

Justin Smith, Anquan Boldin, Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, Colin Kaepernick, and Frank Gore will hold a press conference to denounce the front office for its duplicitous firing of Harbaugh.

Aldon Smith will miss the press conference because he will get busted for DUI on the way to the press conference.

Ahmad Brooks will not show up but he will be seen walking around with two bottles of beer in his hands and asking everybody if they knew where Baalke and York were.

The NFL, under massive fan pressure, will put the 49ers into receivership and give control of the team to Jack Harbaugh---Jim's father.

Whew that felt good.

I recommend immediate therapy. Baalke has already met at the combine with Gore and VD as well as Crabtree, whom I don't expect to be back. Gore will be offered $3M, and will choose between the Niners and Colts. The post above is not funny, but a sick post by a so-called 49er fan. Those of us who continue to support the team are impressed by Tomsula's brilliant instructions to his coaches. He told them all to put away their playbooks and spend the next few weeks studying film of every remaining player in their niche. He wants them to know the strengths and weaknesses of each player and to design their system around those strengths, not just jam a square peg into a round hole. I discussed this at length with an NFL scout who has been a close friend for years and according to him, the word around the NFL is one of respect for Tomsula. Great to hear from someone who knows what the hell he is talking about instead of the Rodney Dangerfield of this thread...
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kezarvet49:

Justin Smith, Anquan Boldin, Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, Colin Kaepernick, and Frank Gore will hold a press conference to denounce the front office for its duplicitous firing of Harbaugh.

Aldon Smith will miss the press conference because he will get busted for DUI on the way to the press conference.

Ahmad Brooks will not show up but he will be seen walking around with two bottles of beer in his hands and asking everybody if they knew where Baalke and York were.

The NFL, under massive fan pressure, will put the 49ers into receivership and give control of the team to Jack Harbaugh---Jim's father.

Whew that felt good.

I recommend immediate therapy. ,,,,,,,,,,, The post above is not funny, but a sick post by a so-called 49er fan. Rodney Dangerfield of this thread...

You have got to be kidding.

Nice response.

let him walk
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Baalke has said many times he wants Gore back, lets trust that he is speaking the truth.

I'm sure he does. But only at the right price, which is probably 1 year $2-$3mil.

Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I'm sure he does. But only at the right price, which is probably 1 year $2-$3mil.

3m.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:

How bout we let u go?
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
I recommend immediate therapy. Baalke has already met at the combine with Gore and VD as well as Crabtree, whom I don't expect to be back. Gore will be offered $3M, and will choose between the Niners and Colts. The post above is not funny, but a sick post by a so-called 49er fan. Those of us who continue to support the team are impressed by Tomsula's brilliant instructions to his coaches. He told them all to put away their playbooks and spend the next few weeks studying film of every remaining player in their niche. He wants them to know the strengths and weaknesses of each player and to design their system around those strengths, not just jam a square peg into a round hole. I discussed this at length with an NFL scout who has been a close friend for years and according to him, the word around the NFL is one of respect for Tomsula. Great to hear from someone who knows what the hell he is talking about instead of the Rodney Dangerfield of this thread...

Kezar vet with 200 posts. Averaging about 3 posts a year there
Originally posted by ltrain:
I think Gore/J.Smith's decisions will be pivotal...IF they come back it gives some indication of hope, if they retire/sign elsewhere then they are seeing what most of us are fearing.

Whew that felt good.

LMAO. You sound like our Niner Trolls. Well done!

Now you just need to do this in every single thread and end it with, "F*ck Jed York!" and "I miss Harbaugh already."
Originally posted by Hangman_52:

I'm sure there's a lot of future 11,000+ yard rushers in this year's draft
Share 49ersWebzone