LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Are they working on keeping Gore ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It seems like they want to go back to poundin the rock which was our bread and butter. Since we know what to expect when they do run it shouldnt they be working on making sure Gore stays home? I just dont see them assuring us that he will be a niner, do they just feel its time to let him go and work with Hyde? Being in Connecticut we dont get alot of info on the east coast, any info would help.
Lol. Why on earth would Gore come back. He deserves a ring. He should go to NE
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
As long as he's not asking for unreasonable money demands he should be back.
As much as I love Gore, if he wants a championship the odds are truly that it wont happen with the 49ers next year. He is staring at his final days. Learn a new system with a Team that's had the rug completely swept out from under them or sign with a more established team dreaming of that ring?
for his sake I hope he stays away from this dumpster fire of an offense
I think Gore/J.Smith's decisions will be pivotal...IF they come back it gives some indication of hope, if they retire/sign elsewhere then they are seeing what most of us are fearing.
i wanna see frank get a ring. but it's not going to happen here. Frank to INDY???
Gore said he wouldn't mind playing with Luck in Indy, so whether or not we want him back might not be the issue.
Think it's a bit premature for that...Tomsula's still building his staff. Once that's done, I'm sure he, Baalke, Mangini and Chryst will huddle to talk about the strategy WRT who they want back and who they don't. Baalke's already stated he'd like Gore to stay...so, I'm sure he'll be a key part of what they want to do.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
oh look another thread full of b***hing.

to answer the OPs question...

negotiations can begin the second week of March.

Gore is going to look weird next year in a Colts uniform. I expect him to take less from playoff teams than to come back to the 9ers.
Paraag is strip this team clean with every penny he can save
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ltrain:
I think Gore/J.Smith's decisions will be pivotal...IF they come back it gives some indication of hope, if they retire/sign elsewhere then they are seeing what most of us are fearing.

I almost always present an optimistic view of the future, but today I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Begin with the base assumption that the front office and ownership have totally screwed this team. Then add the assumption that the players know the front office and ownership not only have screwed the team but they are also conniving, backstabbing, idiotic buffoons.

The 10 things that I predict:.

1. Justin Smith will retire.
2. Anquan Boldin will retire
3. Colin Kaepernick retires and announces that will become a male model.
4. Aldon Smith will drink a fifth of single malt scotch immediately prior to meeting with his probation officer.
5. Patrick Willis will retire
6. Navarro Bowman will retire
7. Vernon Davis will hold out for the whole season.
8. Ahmad Brooks will hit Tomsula over the head with a beer bottle.
9. Not one of the 49er free agents will re-sign with the team.
10.. Not one free agent for another team will even talk to the 49ers, much less sign with the team.

Justin Smith, Anquan Boldin, Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, Colin Kaepernick, and Frank Gore will hold a press conference to denounce the front office for its duplicitous firing of Harbaugh.

Aldon Smith will miss the press conference because he will get busted for DUI on the way to the press conference.

Ahmad Brooks will not show up but he will be seen walking around with two bottles of beer in his hands and asking everybody if they knew where Baalke and York were.

The NFL, under massive fan pressure, will put the 49ers into receivership and give control of the team to Jack Harbaugh---Jim's father.

Whew that felt good.

[ Edited by buck on Jan 30, 2015 at 1:53 AM ]
Trade him to a contender, where he can atleast have faint chance of getting ring before he is done, because Tomsula and the trash men aren't going to get there soon, if ever!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Trade him to a contender, where he can atleast have faint chance of getting ring before he is done, because Tomsula and the trash men aren't going to get there soon, if ever!

How you gonna trade a Free Agent? Lol
Share 49ersWebzone