LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

The Lord I Hope Im Wrong Thread of Pessimism

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Vito_Corleone:
At least our crybabies aren't quite this bad . . .

Not as bad as this kid, although I think this kid has more reason to be upset.

A few weeks ago, I was standing next to Perrish Cox at a bank near Santa Clara. It was the same place where I saw Kaepernick get into his car a couple years ago. Cox was talking about how his lease expired and that he was a free agent now. He played really well last year in a secondary that was a very mixed bag. Jimmie Ward was a big disappointment. But he was a rookie that got injured so he can get a free pass. Bethea was a solid addition. But going into 2015, who's going to start at corner?

Our defensive line is going to be a complete overhaul as well. The only area of optimism is our line backing corps. But coming back from big injuries could derail them too.

On offense, we have issues at every position. This is probably Anquan and Stevie's last year with us. Crabtree is as good as gone. Can Ellington or Patton step up? Vernon may be cut, though I hope he gets to redeem himself. Will Anthony Davis come back healthy? Who will replace Iupati? Will Marcus Martin or Kilgore start at center? If Frank leaves, Hyde and Hunter should be a nice 1-2 punch if they stay healthy.

On top of that you have the coaching turnover from an all-star staff to an unproven bunch. When the only bright spot is Sparano at the TE coach position, it certainly feels like we are doomed.
i think most fans today that are still talking out loud know that they are right and this franchise has gone to hell in a hand basket.

But how can you possibly get out of being totally pessimistic. It seems like that is a right of passage for any niner fan.

The 1849 Gold Diggers must have felt the same way when the gold ran out. (It's now stored in the Yorks vault).
You are not wrong......
Share 49ersWebzone