There are 132 users in the forums

The Lord I Hope Im Wrong Thread of Pessimism

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you dont buy into anything that has been shoved down our throats over the last few weeks, check in and sound off. If you love your team and dont believe this crap will work, but hope like hell you are wrong for the sake of your team, I feel you. If you have a hard time accepting this mess and staying positive, yet feel like punching a baby, we are of the same mind. Does it make you a complainer, a whiner? Some of us just arent buying it and expect more out of our team and organization. This may get locked, but I know Im not on an island by myself.

Co-signed
You're not wrong. You know it. I know it. Anyone who disagrees is just sticking their head in the sand.
So im sposed to believe the man who was over the QB's regression getting handed the keys to the whole ship is a good thing Jed??

EDIT: this is teaching Jed?? Teaching the offense regression??
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jan 28, 2015 at 6:13 PM ]
I'm with you. There is zero reason for optimism.

Of course I hope to hell I'm wrong about this. I want this team to win so badly, but this doesn't look good. I feel like this is 2003-2010 all over again. This situation reeks of fail.
I think this is going to be a debacle. Coaching matters a lot and this ownership and front office have essentially sent the message that "coaching doesn't matter."

I hope that by some miracle they are right in this circumstance, but this whole thing just seems like a complete Keystone Kops operation in every sense, incredible incompetence and mismanagement.

I'm a big believer in getting what you pay for, they went cheap big time, perhaps the lowest paid staff in the NFL. I don't see how promoting guys who did an iffy job to begin with makes all that much sense but I hope Tomsula does a sensational job, that somehow this rag tag group of coaches meld, the players buy in 100% and that I'll be eating a whole messload of crow by December of this year.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 28, 2015 at 6:12 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
You're not wrong. You know it. I know it. Anyone who disagrees is just sticking their head in the sand.

many of us disagree with the first pick of the 2017 draft blather , nothing wrong with that
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
So im sposed to believe the man who was over the QB's regression getting handed the keys to the whole ship is a good thing Jed??

this is the thing that kills me , in my optimism . if we believe ck regressed last year which he probably did,,,, this guy was his coach. he has to share some degree of responsibility on this does he not? so that being said,, how in the world can you justify what vd just said? that may be one presser i tune into to hear the answer, if anyone has the guts to ask
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
i'm with you, but I want to punch a grown cry baby instead of an actual infant
This thread pretty much sums up how I feel.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think this is going to be a debacle. Coaching matters a lot and this ownership and front office have essentially sent the message that "coaching doesn't matter."

I hope that by some miracle they are right in this circumstance, but this whole thing just seems like a complete Keystone Kops operation in every sense, incredible incompetence and mismanagement.

I'm a big believer in getting what you pay for, they went cheap big time, perhaps the lowest paid staff in the NFL. I don't see how promoting guys who did an iffy job to begin with makes all that much sense but I hope Tomsula does a sensational job, that somehow this rag tag group of coaches meld, the players buy in 100% and that I'll be eating a whole messload of crow by December of this year.

See, this is the biggest problem Ive had with the whole situation. A debacle for no apperant reason.

I was optimistic when the reports came out years ago about problems between Baalke n Harbaugh. Did not believe it, oh no Deion's wrong, Florio's makin s**t up. Now this debacle makes it all seem true.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jan 28, 2015 at 6:26 PM ]

Originally posted by LVJay:
i'm with you, but I want to punch a grown cry baby instead of an actual infant

Lol i feel you, that baby being Jed.

Ive tried to hold my tongue and let the situation flesh out with all the hirings before I came to a final conclusion myself.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jan 28, 2015 at 6:40 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

this is the thing that kills me , in my optimism . if we believe ck regressed last year which he probably did,,,, this guy was his coach. he has to share some degree of responsibility on this does he not? so that being said,, how in the world can you justify what vd just said? that may be one presser i tune into to hear the answer, if anyone has the guts to ask

CC there is no justification for it. He has to shoulder the blame.
Well, its all in Kurt Warner's hands now.
Share 49ersWebzone