LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

The Silver Lining Thread (positive people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
We kind of look like the 2011 49ers with a slightly worse defense and special teams but probably a better passing game but worse oline and a similar run game. That team made it to the NFCCG. That team had a lot of doubters and a lot of people betting against it just like this team does. If the line can hold up and our run game can average 4-5 a pop and our defense can bend not break and st's can do their job we should be a 9-10 win team. I don't think we are going to be nearly as bad as every says. We just need to play good defense and st's, run the ball and keep to short passes not 7 step drops that kill drives and we should be alright. I think we win 9-10 games, at worst should be 7-8. Edit: And our young guys are getting a ton of playing time and our secondary with Brock, Johnson, Ward, Acker, Reaser, Reid, Tartt and McCray should be pretty good for a long time.

Run the ball..STOP THE RUN...HAVE A GAME MANAGER @ QB. STRONG SPECIAL TEAMS( Pinion, Mcray,who else?) reminisese the gewd years
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
We didn't get blown out

Probably should have been, but the defense battled that first half. Had no idea how the score was 8-3 by halftime, it felt like 80-3.
  • thl408
49ers run game has been consistently good. It has shown well in every preseason game. Hyde and Bush will play well off of Kap's ability to be a run threat.
Originally posted by thl408:
49ers run game has been consistently good. It has shown well in every preseason game. Hyde and Bush will play well off of Kap's ability to be a run threat.
There you go!!! Run the Ball you know they can stop the run(Dorsey,Williams,PURCELL,)Docket, TaNK,DIAL oN THE OUTSIDE
We punted very well
Originally posted by verb1der:
Man every thread is doom and gloom.

My mom raised me to believe that there's always something positive out of every situation no matter how bad it may seem. So what are the positives guys???

I can't imagine spending an entire off season in this doom and gloom, I may just jump off a cliff.

Please help!

I loled.
Anthony Davis might come back next season
1. Bowman is back and it appears as if he's near 100%.
2. That 5th round Punter is good.
3. I'm not worried about special teams anymore.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Has to be better than Roman

Roman has the Bills offense looking good, sooooooooooooooooooyou mean better than Fraudbuagh
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Anthony Davis might come back next season

lol this

Anyone?!
What to do with #1 overall pick?
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Anyone?!

er... ah... I wasn't strapped to a chair with Clockwork Orange eye openers and forced to watch the full four quarters. That's about all I got.
ANYBODY GOT A GIF OF B50 !! RUNNING DOWN THE FIELD WITH A HELMET!!
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Anyone?!

Good draft position, restructured Kaepernick's deal so we can cut him after this season, loads of cap space to rebuild with, getting Ian Williams and hopefully Bowman back after this season who may have been even more important to stopping the run than we realized last year (now that they're gone, we have the worst run defense in the league by far).

On the other hand, our defensive line is much worse than anyone would have expected even if we knew we'd be missing Ian Williams. We may not have any cornerstone young players on the roster, but at least we'll get a chance to rebuild from scratch through the draft and free agency as long as we keep losing games.
Share 49ersWebzone