There are 397 users in the forums

The Silver Lining Thread (positive people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LVJay:
These coaches all have a chip on their shoulders. No one knows what is to come or what to expect.... nothing but opinions till we play the game.

I'm not expecting much, but I really hope the new staff shocks our asses!

Maybe JT will make it tough for teams to game plan against us... we already have good players. I can't wait to see what up!

One thing's for certain, we will not be out-bludgeoned!!!!

Or else I expect Tomsula to drop his pants at halftime and show the team his Ron Jeremy for motivation!!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I am taking a wait and see approach. i did that with every situation. I like the assistant hires, not a huge fan of the coordinators, and unsure about Tomsula. logan is the most intriguing guy out of all of them.

The only hope we really have is that the majority of these coaches are unknown underdogs so hopefully they can surprise the league. But the thing that makes everyone extremely pessimistic is that these coaches have been hired to do better than Jim Harbaugh's regime, once you let that sink in, all hope goes right out the window!

However, there is a bright side, and that there will be no more front office drama to distract the team. It's simply all about football now, so hopefully every one is focused.

This staff wouldve been okay if they didnt have to follow harbaugh. Im just hoping Baalkes knack for finding unknown gems does the same for coaches.
No more stressing out on Sundays.
I'm not a fan of living in tomorrow's misery, because we're forced to carry the burden's of today as well as future, undeveloped days.

With that said, I'm genuinely excited for the 2015 season.

I could write spiel about why, but I know for a fact it would drown in the collective sorry that is webzone pessimism -- not saying anyone is "right" or "wrong" for their perspective, but none of us are experts in prognostication (Even Mayo's penis tingle reports were off this year ).

That said, I'm with YOU, Verb! Bring on 2015!
No matter what happened during the coaching search. You guys will be watching no matter what as much as we b***h and moan, we love this team to death.
I was gping to start a thread like this as well but i figured it would get locked but it seems like most fans just want to cry like lil *******. Lets go 49ers.
I was gping to start a thread like this as well but i figured it would get locked but it seems like most fans just want to cry like lil *******. Lets go 49ers.
I am taking a wait and see approach. i did that with every situation. I like the assistant hires, not a huge fan of the coordinators, and unsure about Tomsula. logan is the most intriguing guy out of all of them.

The only hope we really have is that the majority of these coaches are unknown underdogs so hopefully they can surprise the league. But the thing that makes everyone extremely pessimistic is that these coaches have been hired to do better than Jim Harbaugh's regime, once you let that sink in, all hope goes right out the window!

However, there is a bright side, and that there will be no more front office drama to distract the team. It's simply all about football now, so hopefully every one is focused.

This staff wouldve been okay if they didnt have to follow harbaugh. Im just hoping Baalkes knack for finding unknown gems does the same for coaches.

True. If Singletary had preceded Tomsula we probably would've been celebrating this staff.
Maybe he can steal his brother playbook at the next family outing.
Silverlinin, positive on deez nuts

Folk will ridicule and doubt us and it will fuel our organization! We will shut up about it we will absorb all the insults and on game day we will unleash hell!! Then during interviews after the win we will be classy towards our fallen opponents in complete contrast to SEA
at least ticket prices will be more affordable. Maybe I can finally see a game.

#positive
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
These coaches all have a chip on their shoulders. No one knows what is to come or what to expect.... nothing but opinions till we play the game.

I'm not expecting much, but I really hope the new staff shocks our asses!

Maybe JT will make it tough for teams to game plan against us... we already have good players. I can't wait to see what up!

One thing's for certain, we will not be out-bludgeoned!!!!

Or else I expect Tomsula to drop his pants at halftime and show the team his Ron Jeremy for motivation!!

Who will get sent to showers?
To put things into perspective:
  • This was one of the most penalized team in the NFL last season.
  • We had constant game management problems, delay of games, early timeouts, questionable challenges etc...
  • Our coaching staff, which was supposedly an all star offensive group, did not improve, if not regressed during the last 4 years.
  • Harbaugh is supposedly a qb whisperer, yet he couldnt bring pro bowl seasons out of smith or kap. Also our defense almost always had to carry this team due to lack of a s**tty offense.
Yes, Harbaugh is a terrific coach and he did wonders for us, but these problems plagued us from going to the promise lands. I'm not saying Tomsula and Co. are going to be better, or even match Harbaughs production, but we had to move on if we want to avoid being the bills of the 90s.
really feels like people want this team to fail. not even able to look at things objectively at this point.
the funny thing is, if we do most of them won't be around like they weren't when we were bad.
we won't be.
Share 49ersWebzone