LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 183 users in the forums

Geep Chryst Offensive Coordinator Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
It's wonderful to have a professional offense again.

Welcome back WCO!

This.
No delay of game penalties, strong running game, and a decent passing attack out of the 13 personnel package. Nice work, Geep.
I like that Geep tailors his game plan to Colin's strengths. I cannot believe that Roman tried to make him something he is not-a pure pocket passer. He took too many 5 to 7 step drops last year, and as a result, he got sacked alot.
Originally posted by boast:
where's verb?

On a Raiders forum somewhere.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I like that Geep tailors his game plan to Colin's strengths. I cannot believe that Roman tried to make him something he is not-a pure pocket passer. He took too many 5 to 7 step drops last year, and as a result, he got sacked alot.

This. Like, you have a mobile QB, the natural thing is to roll him out, to use bootlegs, to allow him to create space with his legs instead of taking long drops and waiting to get smashed. I'm starting to think it was more Harbaugh than Roman as the Bills had Taylor moving around a bit too.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 14, 2015 at 10:38 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jbeale49:
Are you kidding me with that plan? It's so cool watching and NOT knowing what is coming. That. Was. Fun.

Hyde's foot in the ground cuts with the zone blocking is a 40 yard run waiting to happen. Just a matter of time. The right side of the o line may scare the crap out of me but i sleep a little easier with Celek and Vance adding some beef. So fun.

you are so right - i was actually guessing what the call would be.

not with HaRoman - run, run, pass

so refreshing - tempo was nice and not using timeouts was great.
The plan was perfect, only missing was player execution. Kap has to find smith and continue to get better, the penalties were killers but overall great plan. I'm not saying the players sucked it's just they could've definitely executed better and prevent the sloppiness
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Did anyone else have so refrain from giggling like a five year old when you saw the huddle break with 15 left on the clock?

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Geeked:
Did anyone else have so refrain from giggling like a five year old when you saw the huddle break with 15 left on the clock?

I kept looking at the top of the screen to see how many seconds were left on the play clock. Never even saw it comes near 5 seconds. A thing of beauty and keeps defenses on their toes

i am with you guys....I kept looking for the 2 seconds left snap -

also noticed after big plays a lot of players waving their fingers in a circle to reenforce TEMPO

really refreshing.

And it's weird actually having time outs.

As the game wore on we started running the clock down more and more. It was really the only time that the vikings got any pressure.

The old "hurry hurry snap" still poked its ugly head up.

Much improved though, was nice to watch the opposing defense be on the back foot and for us not to take the foot off the throat.

You could see we wanted to keep scoring not like last year where we would try to defend a 3 point lead after 1 quarter and run the clock down every snap.

Offense was very refreshing, lots of different looks and you could see the vikings werent prepared for it. Love it.

Correct me if im wrong but did i see some corrections made at half time?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
this was the first time the O looked confident in 2 seasons
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerGM:
And it's weird actually having time outs.

So Good.

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Negatives: ST jitters (will be fixed)

Can't blame that on the OC though.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by boast:
where's verb?

On a Raiders forum somewhere.

Was verb the guy saying Geep couldn't do it because he was an OC for 15 years as word had it he was bad on the grease board? Is he the inside info guy, or I'm I confusing him with someone else.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
No delay of game penalties, strong running game, and a decent passing attack out of the 13 personnel package. Nice work, Geep.

the passing will come.
they wanted to make sure torrey didn't beat us deep so we took everything underneath just like you're supposed to.

keep a safety up top? cool pass it to the tight ends for 10 and 15 yard gains right in the middle.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
It's wonderful to have a professional offense again.

Welcome back WCO!

This.

You could see that pistol zone block running that was used in the Shanny led skins offenses that forester was the OL coach. Very effective.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

the passing will come.
they wanted to make sure torrey didn't beat us deep so we took everything underneath just like you're supposed to.

keep a safety up top? cool pass it to the tight ends for 10 and 15 yard gains right in the middle.

IMO, the passing was good....17/26 with no turnover, I'll take that all day long. But If we run like this, the deep shots will be there.
Share 49ersWebzone