LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

The Logan Zone - New San Francisco 49ers QB Coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Lulz at me being a homer just cause I can use my eyes and common sense.

You didn't watch sh*t just admit it.

2nd half every ugly minute.

Why would you only watch the part of the game filled with players that are competing for practice squad or the inactive list and then use that to form a judgement on the team and staff as a whole?

Why would you only watch the part of the game filled with players that are competing for practice squad or the inactive list and then use that to form a judgement on the team and staff as a whole?

Hey, he watched half of the game...that's more than most of the SP's!
Originally posted by natrone06:
So then you would know the difference was who the third qb for both teams is. Tom Savage the texans 3rd qb is a pretty highly thought of prospect drafted in the 4th round of last years draft. On the other Hand Dlyan Thompson is a 2015 Udfa mostly meant as a camp arm. There will be obvious performance differences. Not too hard for you to understand ....yeah?

other spit going on too besides qb. How was our ground game besides the mikey davis improve, perhaps my favorite offensive play of the game including haynes run. lots o' acceleration there.
The difference is how offense and defense works… on defense its allot easier for one player to completely blow up a play where on offense they need cohesion and communication to execute successfully. The only player on offense that can consistently blow up a defense with minimal help (the Oline still needs to do its job) is the QB, in this case an UDFA rookie QB who did just about everything wrong.

Its easier for defensive players to be mixed and matched and play effectively, the offense is a whole different ball game especially considering these guys get limited reps in practice with each other.

i get that. im not hitting the panic button, just saying 2nd game needs to look better than first game for these players.

uh because that's the time i could get from my five kids and packing up for vacation? hello. real world calling.
i get that. im not hitting the panic button, just saying 2nd game needs to look better than first game for these players.

Thing is...we've seen teams go 0-4 in preseason and then win the super bowl, and teams go 4-0 who tanked when the games counted. Tomsula has no track record to analyze as to how he wants his team to develop through the preseason, so we can't really say much. His comments after the game seem to indicate how closely he's watching the marginal players and most (many?) of the starters didn't even play...so ...

If he does the same thing next week it's OK with me. I want the team healthy and in sync for the first game of the season and don't really care about preseason.

uh because that's the time i could get from my five kids and packing up for vacation? hello. real world calling.

Well my friend, that's when you ask others in NT for some objective analysis, right?
Originally posted by NCommand:

Well my friend, that's when you ask others in NT for some objective analysis, right?

Don't talk to him! He puts his kids ahead of the zone and the niners!

LOL! Have a great vacation brodieblue!
  • thl408

I don't think Rickest is questioning why you only got to watch the second half. He's asking why are you using the second half of the 1st preseason game to base your analysis of where the team currently stands.
Originally posted by thl408:
I don't think Rickest is questioning why you only got to watch the second half. He's asking why are you using the second half of the 1st preseason game to base your analysis of where the team currently stands.

This...

• Buchy
  • Veteran

This...

Guys stop thinking rationally, Jeez!

This...

It's what I saw. I think if I saw the first half I'd be worried about the defense.

This...

It's what I saw. I think if I saw the first half I'd be worried about the defense.
most of regular season starters weren't playing in the first half

overreact much ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 18, 2015 at 8:07 AM ]
http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Coaches-hope-shrinking-playbook-helps-Colin-6494676.php

Logan, however, thinks Kaepernick was too often executing plays he hadn't come close to mastering. He says it wasn't an issue of intelligence — he raves about Kaepernick's "football IQ" — but information overload. And Chryst would know: He spent the previous four seasons as the 49ers' quarterbacks coach.

I like logan a lot, i think he's the right QB coach for Kap.. this guy will make Kap's life a lot easier.
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Coaches-hope-shrinking-playbook-helps-Colin-6494676.php

Logan, however, thinks Kaepernick was too often executing plays he hadn't come close to mastering. He says it wasn't an issue of intelligence — he raves about Kaepernick's "football IQ" — but information overload. And Chryst would know: He spent the previous four seasons as the 49ers' quarterbacks coach.

I like logan a lot, i think he's the right QB coach for Kap.. this guy will make Kap's life a lot easier.

Good article. I like Logan's "no nonsense" style. Although the line played like garbage last year, nobody would argue that Kap has a lot of room for improvement.

Maybe Logan's style will resonate with him.

Sidebar: a lot of the commenters in that article are morons. Intelligence doesn't mean one is able to perfectly retain and efficiently run an entire playbook that spans hundreds of pages.

I find the comments calling Kap "dumb" especially amusing because most of (if not all) those guys probably couldn't recall 20 plays from Madden if a millions bucks was on the line.

Yet a QB is "dumb" because he doesn't know the playbook cover to cover.

Give me a break.
Share 49ersWebzone