LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Hear Me Out (Josh Gordon)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So we hear again, Gordon has failed yet another "drug" trust and will be suspended for the 2015 season. A majority of you see a head case with no future, I see an opportunity.

With this suspension, Gordon will now likely be cut by the Browns. Unless a GM out there is smart enough to make a proposal. Baalke should call the Browns and offer a 7th or 6th rd Pick to acquire Gordon. He will never come at a cheaper price than now. Cleveland would be happy to do it rather than cutting him and facing a cap penalty. And 49ers don't want to be one of the million teams trying to add Gordon as a FA.

I am unsure whether Gordon will be suspended without pay or not. If he is, than we wouldn't even have to pay the final year of his rookie contract. If we in fact do need to pay off his final year, he is only due $1,068,406 which I believe is a small price to pay for his potential.

He is only 23, and coming off another suspension he will not be in position to ask for a lot of money come time for an extension. 49ers could lock him up for a cheap deal, and have him for his prime years at the age of 24 on.

Great GM's take risks. We all know we need a true superstar WR. The kid is only 23 YEARS OLD and will be suspended another year for drinking alcohol. Last year it was weed. He's a kid, let him grow free of judgement. Let him a grow a 49ER.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

agreed
Not worth the risk, in my opinion. I'd pass.
[ Edited by MeddlingKids on Jan 25, 2015 at 5:34 PM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
So we hear again, Gordon has failed yet another "drug" trust and will be suspended for the 2015 season. A majority of you see a head case with no future, I see an opportunity.

With this suspension, Gordon will now likely be cut by the Browns. Unless a GM out there is smart enough to make a proposal. Baalke should call the Browns and offer a 7th or 6th rd Pick to acquire Gordon. He will never come at a cheaper price than now. Cleveland would be happy to do it rather than cutting him and facing a cap penalty. And 49ers don't want to be one of the million teams trying to add Gordon as a FA.

I am unsure whether Gordon will be suspended without pay or not. If he is, than we wouldn't even have to pay the final year of his rookie contract. If we in fact do need to pay off his final year, he is only due $1,068,406 which I believe is a small price to pay for his potential.

He is only 23, and coming off another suspension he will not be in position to ask for a lot of money come time for an extension. 49ers could lock him up for a cheap deal, and have him for his prime years at the age of 24 on.

Great GM's take risks. We all know we need a true superstar WR. The kid is only 23 YEARS OLD and will be suspended another year for drinking alcohol. Last year it was weed. He's a kid, let him grow free of judgement. Let him a grow a 49ER.

I wish the young man well. But NO!
The problem is it's now become impossible to trust him with any kind of meaningful role. He will let you down and leave you hanging. Have to pass. One of the biggest wastes of talent I can remember.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

no
If Chris Carter can rebound from his problems so can Gordon. That said, unless the rumor mill links us to a possible trade, this thread has no place in Niner Talk.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
If Chris Carter can rebound from his problems so can Gordon. That said, unless the rumor mill links us to a possible trade, this thread has no place in Niner Talk.

The key is if the man wants the help. Men, such as Carter, have been out there letting him know they are there. If Gordon cannot reach back then he will not find his path to serenity.
To be honest, I think he's got a point. Would he be any worse a risk than Marcus Lattimore? The Browns would probably sell him for cheap and he'd be another futures player for us.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The problem is it's now become impossible to trust him with any kind of meaningful role. He will let you down and leave you hanging. Have to pass. One of the biggest wastes of talent I can remember.

Justin Blackmon

Put them both on for next to nothing so by middle of september when Gordon, Blackmon & aldon Smiththrow a stripper party for the ages where Guns are pulled and cops are bribed, and the whole team gets banned from the league indefinitely, maybe THEN Yorks mancrush on Baalke will begin to fade
he needs a counseling team not a football team
Charles Rogers 2.0
Share 49ersWebzone