LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Tom Gamble, former Assistant GM

Was Tom Gamble officially brought back to work with trent in the front office? I know it's been reported. Thanks guys
It's been reported that they spoke I should say
He spoke with Baalke, it would appear. He could be returning, and that is as far as it goes right now.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

49ers announce that ex-Eagles VP Tom Gamble is coming back as Senior Personnel Executive.
Some good news!
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Thank you! Next GM if the Jed/Baalke project fails. We should be on Hard Knocks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
great another Yes man back in the building.
Originally posted by susweel:
great another Yes man back in the building.

If that were true, he wouldn't have been marched out of Eagles HQ. From what I've read, Gamble was a buffer of sorts between Harbaugh and the rest of the front office, he was the voice of calm, its no surprise that things went off a cliff once he left.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If that were true, he wouldn't have been marched out of Eagles HQ. From what I've read, Gamble was a buffer of sorts between Harbaugh and the rest of the front office, he was the voice of calm, its no surprise that things went off a cliff once he left.

True
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2015/01/29/tom-gamble-returns-to-49ers-personnel-department/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Looks like Gamble is back. I have to say this is very good news. Someone with football experience in the FO is a good thing to add.

Last time these guys were together, Baalke was all about the draft and Gamble was all about the Pro personnel. I'm sure Baalke isn't giving up that share this time so I would assume Gamble is back so that we can connect ties to other teams in order for us to make moves.

As of right now, per Harbaugh era, it just seems that Jed, Harbaugh, and maybe even Trent were not in the league circles in terms of communication. I can see Gamble being a liaison in that aspect.
Excellent..Now we'll be able to draft Wide Receivers over 5 ft tall.
its been reported harbs loved gamble and if gamble was around this whole mess wouldn't have happened as he was a good intermediary

too little too late
Whats funny is just a couple weeks before he was fired by Philly, people close to the organization were talking about how he was the common link between Harbaugh and the FO/Ownership, and when he left there was no mediator to smooth things out.

Im glad hes back, but if the stupid Eagles hadnt hired him for these last 2 years maybe things might have gone differently with Harbaugh. Maybe not, but you have to wonder.

Im just glad we have a 2nd quality, high ranking FO guy to go with Baalke. The smaller the piece of that pie Jed York has, the better.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Whats funny is just a couple weeks before he was fired by Philly, people close to the organization were talking about how he was the common link between Harbaugh and the FO/Ownership, and when he left there was no mediator to smooth things out.

Im glad hes back, but if the stupid Eagles hadnt hired him for these last 2 years maybe things might have gone differently with Harbaugh. Maybe not, but you have to wonder.

Im just glad we have a 2nd quality, high ranking FO guy to go with Baalke. The smaller the piece of that pie Jed York has, the better.

he went there to be closer to his dad harry gamble who was dying (and has now passed on)
Share 49ersWebzone