LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Coach Tomsula is snubbed by Harbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24982969/jim-harbaugh-congratulates-teams-on-new-coaches-but-not-49ers

We all forgot how amazing Jim Harbaugh was on Twitter after he deleted his account when he came to the pros. But the Gatorade-pouring, khaki wearing Michigan man is back on social media now and he's just as delightful as ever.

Of note from Harbs on Wednesday was a tweet congratulating teams who hired new head coaches, with the 49ers and Jim Tomsula -- his old defensive line coach -- conspicuous in their absence.

If Tomsula's name was in the tweet, the media would have analyzed what order he was named in.

I don't think there's anything to it. Tomsula was already with the Niners when Harbaugh joined. Fangio, Roman and Seely were all hired by Harbaugh etc...

And whether he liked Tomsula or not, he's not going to congratulate the guy that took his job...
Him and york are acting pretty childish.
well there were rumors Tomsula was the leak in the locker room ....I for one hope that s**t isn't true , nobody wants to congratulate a 2 faced backstabber if that was the case
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
well there were rumors Tomsula was the leak in the locker room ....I for one hope that s**t isn't true , nobody wants to congratulate a 2 faced backstabber if that was the case

That would make everything that has transpired make sense. The old staff would not want to work for somebody they know is a backstabbing brown noser. If that rumor got into the coaching circles by a well known and respected coach like maybe John Harbaugh then it would explain why many connected coaches are also staying away.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
If Tomsula's name was in the tweet, the media would have analyzed what order he was named in.

I don't think there's anything to it. Tomsula was already with the Niners when Harbaugh joined. Fangio, Roman and Seely were all hired by Harbaugh etc...

And whether he liked Tomsula or not, he's not going to congratulate the guy that took his job...

You're right, it really shouldn't be too much of a surprise he wasn't included. You can't argue with Tomsula's results, which made it easy for him stay with the staff, but I don't think it took much for Harbaugh to realize Tomsula was being groomed as Plan B from the start.

I disagree about there not being anything to it. I think if Harbaugh has the opportunity to add an extra layer to 140 character messages he would. And it's not like he never included a bit of passive aggressiveness in his meetings with the press.
That's not true, he just came out congratulating Tomsula a week or so ago talking about how he was a good hire and no one is as high energy.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
DUDE STOP MAKING THREADS! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR TOPICS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED IN OTHER THREADS.

mods, take away the ability to make threads from this Philly fan
Jim Harbaugh has nothing to do with the 49ers anymore.

We got bigger problems right now and that's a GM who thinks he simply needs coaches that can teach his players and then let the players play on their own on Sundays for the win. Worse, we have an owner who backs him 100%.

All I know is that Tomsula better have "it" on gamedays. Teaching the players Mon-Fri is great, but he better have his s**t together to beat the opponent rather than making sure our players are doing things right.

An NFL coach "snubbed" by a College coach?
All Tomsula musings can be posted in the Tomsula thread. Thank you much.
Share 49ersWebzone