There are 161 users in the forums

What is the most unfortunate turn of events in 49ers history?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Trading Charles Haley to Dallas. I believe if we don't make that trade we get at least two or three Lombardi's between 92-95 as opposed to one.
heres all you need to know about the yorks. when we won the nfc title in atlanta and they did the trophy presentation, i remember denise saying "the dynasty is back" or some s**t like that. i rolled my eyes as we had only won a conference title and not a 6th ring.
Eddie D hooking up with the two bit hustler, politician, snake oil salesman, thief, Edwin Edwards.
Originally posted by crabman82:
heres all you need to know about the yorks. when we won the nfc title in atlanta and they did the trophy presentation, i remember denise saying "the dynasty is back" or some s**t like that. i rolled my eyes as we had only won a conference title and not a 6th ring.

Yeah and I remember a quote at that time from dr. Dork saying he never knew winning could be so fun!
I'd say Kyle "F'ing" Williams, LaMichael James fumble in the Super Bowl, and Richard "F'ing" Sherman's tip pass.
Anyone want to throw drafting Alex Smith out there!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Trading Charles Haley to Dallas. I believe if we don't make that trade we get at least two or three Lombardi's between 92-95 as opposed to one.

This is way up there...basically gifting dallas the pass rusher they needed.
The departure of Eddie D.
Originally posted by Niners816:

Weakened us. Strengthened them. Beyond stupid.
The hiring of Joe Thomas as GM!

• krizay
  • Veteran

1. Dallas Cowboys getting an enormous Oline back in the day.

2. Harbaugh Calling a timeout right before our 2nd down play that Kaep would have gotting the snap off on and walked into the endzone. Instead, 3 straight in-completions. That we know for sure cost us another superbowl. All the other stuff we have no idea what outcome would have came about then or now.
Another move that ranks high on the list was losing Neon and Ricky Watters after the 1994 Super Bowl.
Originally posted by Niners816:

Weakened us. Strengthened them. Beyond stupid.

They always try to say getting ken norton in 1994, "evened" it up...IMO, they could have given us 2 nortons and it wouldn't have evened up the loss of an outstanding pass rusher.
  • REB4
The First because without that first, we wouldn't have had the lost decade or the Harbaugh debacle.
Losing our 1st super bowl

everything else pales in comparison
Share 49ersWebzone