There are 290 users in the forums

Garcia as QB coach?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by zonkers:
Originally posted by WildBill:
If we are talking QB coach, Why not his dad Mike? I rather we take a shot at Mike before thinking of Garcia.

Bob

Whoa he has 2 dads?!

Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I can't believe no one hast started this thread yet, or did I miss it? I'm interested to hear some thoughts on Garcia's offer to coach up Kap. I, for one, think he's a natural, since he was a successful running QB and seems to know what he's talking about. Whether he's an excellent teacher is certainly a concern, but could he do any worse than has been done already? While working with Kurt Warner is a good idea, if they're trying to make Kap a pocket passer , I'm doubtful of their chances of success. It certainly didn't happen this year. Garcia was very good at all aspects, but his strength was as a running QB and I think that's what Kap needs to be, a melding of his running and an improved pocket game. Whatya think?

The guy hasn't had legit coaching ANYWHERE. He was an offensive assistant with the Rams, but take a glance at their offense while doing so. You need to prove yourself to move up the ladder. Garcia had the balls to throw his name out there for a HC gig in SF. That alone makes Garcia out to be a complete joke. I wouldn't go anywhere near that egomaniac. Confidence is one thing, but to never have coached in the league and to go on the limb saying you have what it takes to be the HC of the Niners is hysterical.
[ Edited by Ryanoceros on Jan 24, 2017 at 5:14 PM ]
I know Shanahan has a history with Greg Knapp and other QB coaches he's worked with...I really don't see Garcia being competitive with those guys.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I know Shanahan has a history with Greg Knapp and other QB coaches he's worked with...I really don't see Garcia being competitive with those guys.

Garcia had his own style of play. It's hard to teach what he brought to the table. I don't see him being much help to qb's who are immobile.
honestly, alot of people make fun of him but he actually called it with kap training with Kurt Warner. He said it was a mistake to tweek his throwing style and he should build on what he knows best. He was right. Kap's career started to descend when he tried to be something he wasnt. Doesnt really say Garcia would be a good coach but he is a smart guy
agreed and I like the way Garcia explained himself in that article and without publicly bury Colin. He also went on to explain how some of the fundamentals work in the WCO.
Yall know that Jeff FINALLY got a coaching gig in the NFL...and since then... no one has called him apparently (I'd think he'd jump on the first phone call)

If he did a good job, but the QBs he was working with weren't that great...fellow coaches would've still noted and pass that along to help Jeff out... but nope, Jeff is instead relying on the media AGAIN to get him a coaching gig.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
if he, TO and Ocho Cinco can somehow convinced an Arena League team to sign them 3, I'm sure they can sell out the indoor arena !!
[ Edited by 9moon on Jan 26, 2017 at 5:56 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
if he, TO and Ocho Cinco can somehow convinced an Arena League team to sign them 3, I'm sure they can sell out the indoor arena !!

The arena would sell out if they bought half the tickets themselves
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
honestly, alot of people make fun of him but he actually called it with kap training with Kurt Warner. He said it was a mistake to tweek his throwing style and he should build on what he knows best. He was right. Kap's career started to descend when he tried to be something he wasnt. Doesnt really say Garcia would be a good coach but he is a smart guy

Good call Justin!

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Time to brown nose the Brownies... hope he gets a legit shot tho

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/03/jeff-garcia-interviews-for-browns-job-probably-wont-get-it/

Good post. I always said that about Kap. Making Kap into a standard QB is like when the Bears made Devin Hester a receiver and took him off punt and kick return duties -- you are neutering what makes the guy great. Now Kaep slides more than Matt Ryan does when he runs. Slides, slides, slides. I was watching SB highlights with my Dad and when it came to the Elway helicopter I said "I bet today's Kaep would have slid there" -- Old Kaep ran through people for big plays, now he doesn't.

I wanted us to keep Alex at the time so Kaep could be his most optimal self -- let Kaep run free without concern of injury. As soon as Kaep started sliding and worrying about injury he became an average QB.
[ Edited by donalddole on Feb 4, 2017 at 5:59 AM ]
Gotta give props to Garcia. Dude was doing his radio or whatever thing yesterday outside the stadium and turned around as my and my sons were walking by. Got a picture with him and he started taking pics with fans.

Good stuff. Thanks ,Jeff.
[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 18, 2017 at 7:50 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by donalddole:

Good post. I always said that about Kap. Making Kap into a standard QB is like when the Bears made Devin Hester a receiver and took him off punt and kick return duties -- you are neutering what makes the guy great. Now Kaep slides more than Matt Ryan does when he runs. Slides, slides, slides. I was watching SB highlights with my Dad and when it came to the Elway helicopter I said "I bet today's Kaep would have slid there" -- Old Kaep ran through people for big plays, now he doesn't.

I wanted us to keep Alex at the time so Kaep could be his most optimal self -- let Kaep run free without concern of injury. As soon as Kaep started sliding and worrying about injury he became an average QB.

I dunno, I think Kaep can be a good and develop to be an outstanding QB in the right system. Namely in a system with a ton of speed on the WR and TE side. When we had that, Kaep was a Super Bowl QB. Now we know that Baalke traded Delanie and never got the same speed back for this offense. Baalke was a failure and I think was the big reason Harbaugh's offense slowed down and became pedestrian.

Anyway, good riddance to that incompetent idiot. We got the Grap and Kyle show, and I would think it would be good for at least one or two super bowls.
  • bvc49
  • Veteran
Don't need.
Share 49ersWebzone