LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Reject Players now w/Seattle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
so true, I hate that we barely use our backups who have talent.

almost happened to Aaron Lynch and Borland if not for injuries and suspension. Lynch sat for Skuta and Lemonier while Borland was behind Wilhoite. Tank sat behind Dobbs and Jerod Eddie. It goes on and on and on. Lockette caught more balls than AJJ Lockette and Ellington it seems and he went undrafted! Smh
I hate to say this but Seattle is a TEAM. They actually play for each other and continue to support their fellow players on the field. All year long you see their defense standing up watching the game on the sidelines. When I watch the Niners they are sitting on the bench with a towel over the head. They dont know what they are playing for. I just feel Seattle has a unity to them that I dont see anywhere else.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
It's no wonder Seattle has our number. Every year, they pick up 2-3 guys that we cut. Watch this change now that Harbaugh is gone...

Yes, I am going to guess Tomsula WILL be looking to not only develop players (hir forte) but ensure when ready, they get every chance to succeed and are fully prepared and supported.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I just hate the fact that there were too many dramatic moves under Harbaugh... this year alone, we had Osgood and the 3rd string backup QB in and out of the team.. instead of concentrating to develope young guys and have them learn the system little by little, we rather waste time on moves that wont even get us to the Super Bowl...

Lockette was originally w/Seattle, and we decided to pick him up.. we kept and try developed him for about two years, worked out w/Kap, and all of sudden, we sign an aging veteran in Lloyd and rather keep him..

We had a variety of picks for the last 3 years, and we wasted each one of those extra picks on project players when we could have package a deal and go after the player we wanted.
Secondary is the difference maker. Non of our Secondary players would start for Seattle. Add in the homefield advantage playing at CenturyLink and you can plug in/rotate Defensive Lineman.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Well SF drafts them, starts the coaching process...doesn't work.....Seattle picks them up...finishes the coaching process....and all of a sudden are ballers. That sounds about right.

Its all about coaching!! Lockette is a guy that could have been good and he's proving it in Seattle. Wasn't Kearse a niner before? I thought I heard that.

Nope. Local kid, went to UW, undrafted.
They weren't all ex-Niners but, many of the play-makers in the GB game were undrafted . . .
John Boyle retweeted
HeraldNet Sports @Sports_Herald
Undrafted players made key plays in Seahawks' win over Packers http://dlvr.it/899nmW

"It's what Pete instills with his philosophy and this organization of just competing," Kearse said. "He gives everyone an equal opportunity to compete and I feel like that brings the best out of players.

"It's hardly unique for a football coach to preach competition, to tell veterans that no job is safe. But few teams, if any, are as committed to that philosophy as the Seahawks.Year in and year out, undrafted players beat out those picked ahead of them for roster spots.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
It's no wonder Seattle has our number. Every year, they pick up 2-3 guys that we cut. Watch this change now that Harbaugh is gone...

That's how their defense always has our number. They know all out freaking plays. I wish there was a "confidentiality clause" like in the business world
They have the best rb in the league in lynch and a top 5 qb in the league in wilson. That is all they need. Everybody else could walk and they would still be great even with scrubs in there.
Share 49ersWebzone