LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

Does anyone else want a DC who BRINGS THE HEAT, Buddy Ryan style?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With the talent on this defense, we MUST find a DC with an uber-aggressive style, one who is capable of bringing the heat! Humbly submitted for your approval:

"Early on in his career, Buddy Ryan decided that if it took nine men to protect the opposing QB, he was going to send ten. Even if they didn't get there in time to disrupt the pass, the HEAT was enough to rattle even the most ice-blooded QBs. NOBODY liked getting hit and harassed. On the field, Buddy would shift personnel all over the place, moving both safeties up to the line sometimes, dropping linebackers into pass coverage if needed, but, most important, keeping the whole squad in such determined motion that the opposing quarterback and his offensive linemen never knew what to expect...except trouble.

Buddy would blitz on first down as readily as on third down. He'd blitz inside his own 20-yard line as readily as inside the other team's. He'd blitz cornerbacks, safeties, and linebackers, sometimes all at once. He'd advertise his blitzes brazenly, then back his boys off for a play or two, then flood the line with extra linebackers and defensive backs, routinely lining eight eager, ferocious players on the line of scrimmage, daring qbs to get rid of the ball before getting trampled...making them feel THE HEAT."
I don't want to sound like I am scolding you but we have a DC thread. So this will most likely be merged or locked.
When does the sequel come out
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
I don't want to sound like I am scolding you but we have a DC thread. So this will most likely be merged or locked.

...but there were a grand total of ZERO Buddy Ryan threads, soooo....
Vic Fangio is all I want
with all due respect, Fangio wasn't aggressive enough, bro.
  • Jiks
I don't see the need to become overly aggressive with the blitz. What we need is Willis and Bowman healthy.
Originally posted by BuddyRyans46:

With all do respect brah the 49ers don't have the corners to play that aggressive. The rams were burned all season with Greg Williams blitz happy bs. Rex Ryan also gets burned. Sure it looked good when he had Revis and Cromartie but last season not so much. I'm glad nobody on this website is calling plays.
The only optimism I had with the Rex Rysn interview was the thought of having Willis Bowman and Borland on the field.

...but there were a grand total of ZERO Buddy Ryan threads, soooo....

Well then it belongs in NFL threads since Buddy isn't with the niners.

Well then it belongs in NFL threads since Buddy isn't with the niners.

come on leakyfausett, don't be like that. seriously, dude, wtf? you try to ruin everything for everybody. wth?
Originally posted by NinerG94:
With all do respect brah the 49ers don't have the corners to play that aggressive. The rams were burned all season with Greg Williams blitz happy bs. Rex Ryan also gets burned. Sure it looked good when he had Revis and Cromartie but last season not so much. I'm glad nobody on this website is calling plays.

no need for the "brah", dude. no need to bash Rex Ryan and Greg Williams either. It seems that you lack the heart to bring the heat. You are going to get burned at times, REGARDLESS of what you do. Wouldn't you rather have the guts an the heart to get burned with your boots on?

You're right. Our defense has sucked the past four years. Too bad we didn't play like the saints did on defense last year!

Also, please define "aggressive enough?"

How many more blitzes would Fangio have to call for him to be aggressive enough?

Finally, you make like Fangio drops 8 into coverage every play. You do realize that Willis and bowman combined for more sacks than Aldon in 2013. Borland and bethea have sacks this year and wilhoite and Reid would have one each if they could tackle Breese and D Johnson would have one if he could tackle Wilson. Shoot even Moody would have a sack if the refs didn't take it away from him. That's seems like a lot of "heat" to me, especially when we had corners named McFadden and Cromartie on the field this year. (Not the good ones, the ones that were working at Walmart when the season started)
Gimmick thread by a gimmick poster.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I don't see the need to become overly aggressive with the blitz. What we need is Willis and Bowman healthy.

Truuuuu
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Jan 18, 2015 at 12:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone