LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

If Harbs really was so loyal to Roman, why didn't he take him with him to Michigan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WINiner:
Let me ask yah something.

You are the boss. Top dawg, nobody higher. You are young and as such many people tend to not really give you the respect that someone 20 years your senior might get in the same position with the same performance record. One of your very best, most productive employees is even semi disrespectful to you only some of the time you speak, but he is and it's becoming more and more frequent and the disrespect a tad more noticeable. You believe your company can make just as much or only very slightly less if you replace this person who has been more and more disrespectful over the years with someone you truly get along with and respect.

You going to tell me you wouldn't fire that employee?

I can't effing stand the way this whole thing has been handled. I can't effin stand the way York comes off in front of the camera. I can't effing stand the position the team has put JT in. I can't effing stand that it was allowed to fester into something that cost us a ton of stud coaches on the defensive side of the ball. Having said that, Jed York was 100% justified in canning Harbaughs ass if he was a rude or disrespectful employee. I would have, you would have, and 99% of the webzone would do the same thing in any business we would run.

"Blah blah winning, deal with blah blah winning"

b******t. Each and every one of us would fire an employee who was both difficult to deal with and disrespectful to us the owner. Anyone who has paid even slight attention to the 49ers and Jim Harbaugh is unlikely to argue that at some point Harbaugh cocked off with something that he shouldn't have said to our 30 something year old owner. Maybe Harbaugh says or treats Jed the same way 20 years from now and it's no big deal, but Jeds the owner and he doesn't have to put up with it if he doesn't want to. I wouldn't.

I don't like Jed York right now for a litany of reasons, but imo he had every right to can Harbaugh and didn't act much differently than the majority of us would.

Idk how true what you wrote is...but say it was. On top of that the same employee stopped working and just went through the motions and took up space
  • SaksV
  • Veteran

You are the boss. Top dawg, nobody higher. You are young and as such many people tend to not really give you the respect that someone 20 years your senior might get in the same position with the same performance record. One of your very best, most productive employees is even semi disrespectful to you only some of the time you speak, but he is and it's becoming more and more frequent and the disrespect a tad more noticeable. You believe your company can make just as much or only very slightly less if you replace this person who has been more and more disrespectful over the years with someone you truly get along with and respect.

I can't effing stand the way this whole thing has been handled. I can't effin stand the way York comes off in front of the camera. I can't effing stand the position the team has put JT in. I can't effing stand that it was allowed to fester into something that cost us a ton of stud coaches on the defensive side of the ball. Having said that, Jed York was 100% justified in canning Harbaughs ass if he was a rude or disrespectful employee. I would have, you would have, and 99% of the webzone would do the same thing in any business we would run.

b******t. Each and every one of us would fire an employee who was both difficult to deal with and disrespectful to us the owner. Anyone who has paid even slight attention to the 49ers and Jim Harbaugh is unlikely to argue that at some point Harbaugh cocked off with something that he shouldn't have said to our 30 something year old owner. Maybe Harbaugh says or treats Jed the same way 20 years from now and it's no big deal, but Jeds the owner and he doesn't have to put up with it if he doesn't want to. I wouldn't.

I don't like Jed York right now for a litany of reasons, but imo he had every right to can Harbaugh and didn't act much differently than the majority of us would.

I honestly didn't think of it this way but you're right.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Andrew Luck is the only sure fire number one overall pick I've ever seen. I mean scouts inc. had him ranked number 1 in position group and overall in his draft class with a grade of 99. Anyone who is a real football fan new this kid was going to succeed. That man never missed a beat coming into the NFL. So was he a product of Harbaugh's passing game or was it the other way around?

Harbaugh's offense did struggle because Kaep was limited but don't stop there. Kaep was limited because Harbaugh failed to develop him. Couple that with a poor excuse for an offensive line and you have the 2014 season. Even if he couldn't develop Kaep himself, he should have gotten him some outside help during the 2014 offseason. We all witnessed Kaep's limitations during the 2013 season and in the NFCCG.

The bottom line is Harbaugh isn't the QB "whisperer' that is his reputation . Alex "ascended" well before Harbaugh had a chance to work with him. Harbaugh did not create some miracle with Smith in a lockout shortened offseason in 2011. Josh Johnson hasn't done anything with his career since coming to the NFL. Harbaugh's other protégé ( can't remember his name) isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So again I ask, is Andrew Luck a product of Harbaugh's passing game or was it the other way around?

Idk if you guys watched luck in Stanford but he wasn't slinging it all over the field like he does now..Stanford was run the ball, run the ball..then hit the te/wr because the run opened things up....people were quick to judge what harbaughs offense was going to be..but he is a run first guy

Until this past season when we would have been better off running the ball, Harbs tried to put it all on Kaep's arm. Regardless of what Harbaugh's philosophy was at Stanford, Andrew Luck still made all of those clutch throws whether it was to to a TE or to a WR.

Harbaugh pass game is weak and it showed...I Follow Stanford as I live near by and went to games when I was younger..I'm not saying was inaccurate..just saying jh hardly threw the ball even a good ab like luck

I'm not even sure what the argument is at this point, I agree with everything you're saying. Maybe you should go back and read blizzuntz statement for which I was responding to in the first place. He called Harbaugh's offense with Luck " a thing of beauty". I know Harbaugh's passing game at Stanford was weak and very reliant on the run game to open it up.

Let's not forget Luck ' s fake hand offs look just like his real hand offs. His ability to move around the pocket, escape pressure, find a target and hit it with pin point accuracy are not thing's Harbaugh taught him. This man was groomed to be a NFL QB from a young age. Luck made Harbaugh's offense look good, it was not the other way around.
[ Edited by insanemike27 on Jan 18, 2015 at 8:01 AM ]
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I think the majority of us who are mad at this situation are mainly angry because we think we know the reason(s)......but the truth is we don't and we probably never will unless Sourdough Sam writes a tell-all book.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I'm not even sure what the argument is at this point, I agree with everything you're saying. Maybe you should go back and read blizzuntz statement for which I was responding to in the first place. He called Harbaugh's offense with Luck " a thing of beauty". I know Harbaugh's passing game at Stanford was weak and very reliant on the run game to open it up.

Let's not forget Luck ' s fake hand offs look just like his real hand offs. His ability to move around the pocket, escape pressure, find a target and hit it with pin point accuracy are not thing's Harbaugh taught him. This man was groomed to be a NFL QB from a young age. Luck made Harbaugh's offense look good, it was not the other way around.

Absolutely true. It's like saying David Cutcliffe (current Duke HC) is an offensive guru just because Peyton Manning thrived in his offense in college.
Originally posted by 9moon:
another proven point that Harbaugh sold out this year...he figured that he will never be in a double loss situtiation... had the team made it in the Super Bowl, he woulda been the greatest coach of all time and woulda had the contract he had asked for.

Why do you all think that he didnt push for the contract? he wanted to show the organization how the team will be w/o his full force of coaching.. just like the year b4 he got here, and how the mediocre the team is w/o him.. he let the team play by whatever plan Roman had in mind....

ridiculous. he chose to not win to prove a point? Please--an ego driven individual like harbaugh could never stomach not giving 100%.
Andrew Luck is the only sure fire number one overall pick I've ever seen. I mean scouts inc. had him ranked number 1 in position group and overall in his draft class with a grade of 99. Anyone who is a real football fan new this kid was going to succeed. That man never missed a beat coming into the NFL. So was he a product of Harbaugh's passing game or was it the other way around?

Harbaugh's offense did struggle because Kaep was limited but don't stop there. Kaep was limited because Harbaugh failed to develop him. Couple that with a poor excuse for an offensive line and you have the 2014 season. Even if he couldn't develop Kaep himself, he should have gotten him some outside help during the 2014 offseason. We all witnessed Kaep's limitations during the 2013 season and in the NFCCG.

The bottom line is Harbaugh isn't the QB "whisperer' that is his reputation . Alex "ascended" well before Harbaugh had a chance to work with him. Harbaugh did not create some miracle with Smith in a lockout shortened offseason in 2011. Josh Johnson hasn't done anything with his career since coming to the NFL. Harbaugh's other protégé ( can't remember his name) isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So again I ask, is Andrew Luck a product of Harbaugh's passing game or was it the other way around?

Idk if you guys watched luck in Stanford but he wasn't slinging it all over the field like he does now..Stanford was run the ball, run the ball..then hit the te/wr because the run opened things up....people were quick to judge what harbaughs offense was going to be..but he is a run first guy

Until this past season when we would have been better off running the ball, Harbs tried to put it all on Kaep's arm. Regardless of what Harbaugh's philosophy was at Stanford, Andrew Luck still made all of those clutch throws whether it was to to a TE or to a WR.

Harbaugh pass game is weak and it showed...I Follow Stanford as I live near by and went to games when I was younger..I'm not saying was inaccurate..just saying jh hardly threw the ball even a good ab like luck

No debate just adding some info

Idk how true what you wrote is...but say it was. On top of that the same employee stopped working and just went through the motions and took up space

Exactly. I would be itching to can that employees ass and then happy to tell anyone who wanted to know why....Jed did neither by allowing Jim to play out the year and keeping silent about the reasons for doing so. Maybe this doesn't belong in this thread, but the childish temper tantrum style of posting about our 49ers is wearing on this long time member of these here forums.
Originally posted by NinerJedi:
It's simply a chance for Roman to be his own person without Harbaugh's help. Harbaugh is a person that is too loyal to his assistants. He will sit, bench, or cut players but he's not willing to fire a coach.

The thing that bothered me is that even though our offensive line struggled mightily, he did not shift that line at all unless it was due to injury. I would love to see what Boone could had done at right tackle and what looney could had done at right guard on a consistent bases. Let's face it, there were some players that needed to be benched but wasn't. I felt like he was too loyal to his players as well.
Great question, but there are way too many variables to determine

I'd rather have one employee be rude and disrespectful to me than draw the ire of the entire organization's fans, as well as fans and contemporaries around the league. Guarantee the things said about York all over the internet and in circles around the league are far worse than the ribbing that Jim was giving him.

Worse than a lack of respect is the embarrassment he's cast upon this team and its fans. It's truly embarrassing to watch them and say "that's my team". That's not to say I'll ever turn my back on the Niners or not root for them, it's just to say that doing so is embarrassing when Jed f**king York's stupid fat, incompetent, balding face is behind the podium.
Share 49ersWebzone