There are 212 users in the forums

If you HAD to guess, at what point did things really start to go SOUTH for Harbaugh/Baalke

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just curious what ya'll think was the "point of no return" for these two strong-willed and ambitious men. I mean, they did (presumably) like each other AT FIRST, right? After all, Baalke did everything he could to hire Harbs, and Harbs did choose to leave Stanford to coach the 49ers, so where did it all go wrong? At that point over the course of the past 4 years, did they legitimately start to hate each other? Was it after the disappointing Super Bowl loss to the Ravens? Or after last year's heartbreaking loss to the Seahawks (both games that the Niners shoulda/woulda/coulda legitimately won)? If you had to pinpoint one event/point in time where their relationship REALLY started to deteriorate BIG-TIME, which would you choose?
i dont think it was as much as it was harbaugh vs baalke as it was harbaugh vs jed
Right after Harbaugh signed and demanded that all coaches wear khaki pants from Wal-Mart.
come on leakyfausett, please be serious. thanks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Probably not just one thing it was probably a bunch of little things over time. Maybe the 2012 draft fall was the start of it.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
i dont think it was as much as it was harbaugh vs baalke as it was harbaugh vs jed

monsterzero, kawakami reported that it was primarily harbs vs. baalke and that jed simply took baalke's side. Would you disagree with that interpretation of events?
Originally posted by susweel:
Probably not just one thing it was probably a bunch of little things over time. Maybe the 2012 draft fall was the start of it.

susweel, you think that there was intra-office acrimony over how the 2012 draft went down?
Originally posted by BuddyRyans46:
come on leakyfausett, please be serious. thanks.

How do you know he wasn't being serious?
come on bluesbro, don't be like that.
Ribbon cutting ceremony

It is hard to be serious in NT with so many new threads that really don't have anything to do with the Niners. All threads involving former Niners should now be in the NFL thread. They are gone we should move on too.
this man started it all
come on guys...
The day Baalke realized he wasn't getting enough credit for the Niners success... I'd say just after Harbaugh's first season.
It's not about Baalke. It is about Jed and the YORK FAMILY. Things went south when his agent started talking about a $6 - $7 million a year extension. An amount the Yorks never had any intention of paying. In fact they are really happy to be out from under the $5 million a year salary. The got a CHEAP, YES MAN, BETA MALE who will do whatever they want and say. Not an Alpha dog who wanted top dollar. Not their kind of guy.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 16, 2015 at 4:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone