There are 253 users in the forums

Tomsula one-on-one interview

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by kray28:
This is exactly the case.

You know what's funny? I am senior on this site than most of these moderators. Been a fan longer than them too.

Seneority means nothing.

If you want the "my fandom is longer than your fandom" mine started in 1983.

lol I have no idea what he's trying to prove with those claims
Two things that stood out in his interviews. 1. According to Jim T, a big part of his interview revolved around guiding young players in terms of arrogance vs confidence and guiding young players as a mentor so the 49ers can "win" with class. Jim T also stated his role as a HC doesn't include calling plays during a game either on defense or offense. So Jim will be completely reliant on the game plan and execution of our offense and defense during games. Both of these statements were inportant elements of his promotion, yet neither of these things will result in a win or a loss.

Not excited about his guy, he is a fluffer. Jim T will only be as good as the DC and OC he brings in. I didn't think he was ever a credible candidate, I'm still in shock.
yeah, I've seen better interviews but this one is pretty solid ovr save for some single "mistakes". The guy has almost none experience at giving a conference or an interview.
But yeah, go ahead, hate on your new HC based on some intervews...
[ Edited by communist on Jan 23, 2015 at 6:30 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by kray28:
The media will sometimes ask difficult and uncomfortable questions. They can be answered in way that doesn't make you look like a complete buffoon. Tomsula couldn't do that. Some of the questioned were softballs too, he struck out badly on those too. He's a complete deer in the headlights and in over his head.

The denialists protecting this Front Office and their asinine decisions sound less like fans and more like Baghdad Bob impersonators....trying hard to convince themselves that everything will be alright while shouting down the naysayers.

...calling them names, accusing them of not being real fans, telling them to become Shehawk fans.

york cattle, I mean york cheap, I mean york sheep

Lol. Let me ask you 3 something. Besides annoy and troll other people on a fan forum, what the f**k are you going to do about it? Withold your pennies?You're like mentally challenged homeless people shaking your fists at the wall of a building.

We understand you're upset and you blame everything on the FO and they're incompetent and you're not and blah blah blah blah f**king blah. Sure I have some doubts about everything that's transpired, but I'm going to support the team like I always do because for me, what other choice is there? If you choose to not support the team, guess what, who the f**k really gives a s**t besides you? No one.

Harbaugh is long gone, and Tomsula is the new HC. This is how it is, and this is how it's going to be for the foreseeable future. You can either accept it and move on, or take a hike. But something tells me you will be in front of your televisions watching games with the rest of us come September, either waiting for any reason to say 'I told you so' or maybe coming to the realization that you overreacted. Either way, no one cares.

The fact this post came from a mod is a complete joke.

You disagree with people so you call them trolls and mentally challenged homeless people?

What's the point of a forum if not to foster disagreement? If everyone agreed about everything how boring would this be

Why would you tell someone that no one cares what they think? Why even say that?

LoL
  • keveh
  • Veteran
I'm outraged about this video, how can we have a new head coach that can't conduct an interview?!

He's never had to do any sort of interview like this before, so I would have expected him to have nothing but media training since his appointment.

Never mind the fact that he's probably been trying to hire and structure his team 24/7 since starting in an aim to win us games next season, and interview is far more important*

* It's not, let's give the guy a chance before we analyse how he will do a a head coach based of an awful interview with questions that were even more awful than the answers.
Originally posted by communist:
yeah, I've seen better interviews but this one is pretty solid ovr save for some single "mistakes". The guy has almost none experience at giving a conference or an interview.
But yeah, go ahead, hate on your new HC based on some intervews...

No kidding. Bill Belichick called, and said, "We're on to Seattle"
For anyone that's interested, below is a summary of Tomsula's interview:

"Fire"

"me,smash"

"Fire"

"Mr.York"

"Fire"

If you're wondering, that was the unedited version.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 24, 2015 at 7:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

"Fire"

"me,smash"

"Fire"

"Mr.York"

"Fire"

Originally posted by TheRathman44:

"Fire"

"me,smash"

"Fire"

"Mr.York"

"Fire"

If he was a black coach, I'm pretty sure they would be questioning his intellect with such a poor showing.

Boom! Bomb thrown.

"Fire"

"me,smash"

"Fire"

"Mr.York"

"Fire"

You forgot...

Bludgeon! Bludgeon! Bludgeon!

Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
...calling them names, accusing them of not being real fans, telling them to become Shehawk fans.

there is a line which if crossed leads to question peoples fanhood

if a fan is not rooting for the 49ers and wants to see them lose every game because of personnel or FO grudge, are they a fan anymore?

part of being a fan is being loyal. it doesn't have to be blind loyalty, anyone can criticize anyone or want someone fired. but in the end of the day fans root for their team no matter what.

those saying 'I will root for 49ers to lose every game' or 'I will now root for the raiders'...are they really fans ? I cannot say affirmative. there have been teams with huge history of sucking and yet the fans will root for the team.

fans love the team in them, not themselves in team. if one loves the team they will love it unconditionally. if one loves him/herself in the team (meaning, stopping rooting when teams philosophy dont match their ideas of what a team should be like, when FO doesnt make changes they like, when team starts sucking, etc), they aren't really fans. imo.

Agree.As a "fan" you have the right to criticize players, coaching, and decisions by the front office. But regardless of the outcome a fan supports the team and wants them to do well. There is a fine line when it comes to "fans" wishing the team to lose every game and threatening to jump ship because they don't like coaches,players or management/ownership. Those people have the right to do what they want but I don't consider people that root for the team they are supposedly supporting to lose or jump ship from team to team based on popularity or who is winning at the time as true fans of a team.
Share 49ersWebzone