LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

Tomsula one-on-one interview

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kray28:
The media will sometimes ask difficult and uncomfortable questions. They can be answered in way that doesn't make you look like a complete buffoon. Tomsula couldn't do that. Some of the questioned were softballs too, he struck out badly on those too. He's a complete deer in the headlights and in over his head.

The denialists protecting this Front Office and their asinine decisions sound less like fans and more like Baghdad Bob impersonators....trying hard to convince themselves that everything will be alright while shouting down the naysayers.

No but remember, if you dont believe in every move the front office makes ur not a real 9er fan. Your not faithful.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
The media will sometimes ask difficult and uncomfortable questions. They can be answered in way that doesn't make you look like a complete buffoon. Tomsula couldn't do that. Some of the questioned were softballs too, he struck out badly on those too. He's a complete deer in the headlights and in over his head.

The denialists protecting this Front Office and their asinine decisions sound less like fans and more like Baghdad Bob impersonators....trying hard to convince themselves that everything will be alright while shouting down the naysayers.

...calling them names, accusing them of not being real fans, telling them to become Shehawk fans.

york cattle, I mean york cheap, I mean york sheep

Lol. Let me ask you 3 something. Besides annoy and troll other people on a fan forum, what the f**k are you going to do about it? Withold your pennies?You're like mentally challenged homeless people shaking your fists at the wall of a building.

We understand you're upset and you blame everything on the FO and they're incompetent and you're not and blah blah blah blah f**king blah. Sure I have some doubts about everything that's transpired, but I'm going to support the team like I always do because for me, what other choice is there? If you choose to not support the team, guess what, who the f**k really gives a s**t besides you? No one.

Harbaugh is long gone, and Tomsula is the new HC. This is how it is, and this is how it's going to be for the foreseeable future. You can either accept it and move on, or take a hike. But something tells me you will be in front of your televisions watching games with the rest of us come September, either waiting for any reason to say 'I told you so' or maybe coming to the realization that you overreacted. Either way, no one cares.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Lol. Let me ask you 3 something. Besides annoy and troll other people on a fan forum, what the f**k are you going to do about it? Withold your pennies?You're like mentally challenged homeless people shaking your fists at the wall of a building.

We understand you're upset and you blame everything on the FO and they're incompetent and you're not and blah blah blah blah f**king blah. Sure I have some doubts about everything that's transpired, but I'm going to support the team like I always do because for me, what other choice is there? If you choose to not support the team, guess what, who the f**k really gives a s**t besides you? No one.

Harbaugh is long gone, and Tomsula is the new HC. This is how it is, and this is how it's going to be for the foreseeable future. You can either accept it and move on, or take a hike. But something tells me you will be in front of your televisions watching games with the rest of us come September, either waiting for any reason to say 'I told you so' or maybe coming to the realization that you overreacted. Either way, no one cares.

So personal attacks are ok in here as long as you've gone full on homer for the front office. What people are going to do is look for know it all posts like this to see if said posters are still all in on riding the front offices sack. I support the team period. The amount of $ I spend gives me the right to speak my mind without hearing it from the homer crew.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
So personal attacks are ok in here as long as you've gone full on homer for the front office. What people are going to do is look for know it all posts like this to see if said posters are still all in on riding the front offices sack. I support the team period. The amount of $ I spend gives me the right to speak my mind without hearing it from the homer crew.

There were no personal attacks, I was speaking in generalities. And there's a difference between being a homer and accepting things and moving on. There's critizising, and there's full on trolling. People surely can speak their mind, but when every thread is saturated with hateful comments directed at the FO, imo a line needs to be drawn.
Just because he is bad in interviews means that he is over his head.

So how did he get to be the D-Line Coach, and was retained by 3 Head coaches? How come that he developed a bunch of nobodys (Sopoaga, Ricky Jean Francois, Franklin, Jerod-Eddie, Marques Douglas) into great players as long they were with us, when they left for a big FA contract they were out of the league.
How come that Justin Smith called him back in 2010 the best coach he´s ever been arround?
How come that Harbaugh called him a great coach.

How come that he is well respected in the coaching ranks? Mooch was a QB coach when he was hired to be our HC.

Fact is that we do not know if he´ll be a good or bad HC, only time will tell, yet it pisses me off that everything is viewed so negative.
I'm hoping this works out but at this moment the Yorks look like fools. What they are telling us is that anyone can coach an NFL team with ZERO experience. It's also easy to see the ownership has ZERO experience. My personal take is that Dr. John York has been calling all the shots, the firing of Coach Harbaugh, the hiring of someone with less experience than Nolan or Singletary (he's a HOFamer at least) points to the good Doctor. I've seen this script before and it didn't turn out well the first time.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I'm hoping this works out but at this moment the Yorks look like fools. What they are telling us is that anyone can coach an NFL team with ZERO experience. It's also easy to see the ownership has ZERO experience. My personal take is that Dr. John York has been calling all the shots, the firing of Coach Harbaugh, the hiring of someone with less experience than Nolan or Singletary (he's a HOFamer at least) points to the good Doctor. I've seen this script before and it didn't turn out well the first time.

Tomsula actually has MORE experience than Singletary. He´s been the D-line coach since 07.

I'm sorry Mr Moderator, I just wanted somewhere to express my frustration about the team I've loved for 40+ years, but I guess I'm just a troll. Sorry I haven't been as good a fan as you. I won't post unless I have something nice to say.

Please see a detailed breakdown of Tomsula's experience here: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/180996-congrats-jim-tomsula-new-head-coach/page152/#post2266

Between JT and Mike, it's not even close.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 17, 2015 at 9:52 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Please see a detailed breakdown of Tomsula's experience here: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/180996-congrats-jim-tomsula-new-head-coach/page152/#post2266

Between JT and Mike, it's not even close.

Norv stays on as OC and we are likely having a different discussion about Nolan.

I'm sorry Mr Moderator, I just wanted somewhere to express my frustration about the team I've loved for 40+ years, but I guess I'm just a troll. Sorry I haven't been as good a fan as you. I won't post unless I have something nice to say.

The majority of fans disagree with the decision to put Tomsula as HC, as indicated by the WZ poll. And those fans are supporting the team by expressing their dissent with the decisions of the FO. Tomsula has done nothing to change the impression that he is a neutered, puppet of a HC. He has not demonstrated individual thought on any matters related to the team, and has only been evasive and at sometimes an incoherent babbler. Sensible fans are going to question the decision to make him HC, and the subsequently the people that put him in that position.

I personally think that Baalke is attempting to try a new power structure of empowering coordinators to the level of the HC, and having them responsible for implementing and executing weekly game duties, with the HC responsible for morale and motivation. Its speculation at this point since the OC/DC is yet to be determined, but I expect the new coordinators to have a high level of authority in the management structure. Its not to say they will get cart blanche to be creative in their schemes (that will be directed from Baalke), but they will have the authority to be creative to fit the scheme into Baalke's vision.

The FO is not looking to Tomsula to be a visionary or schematic genius. They want him to be the guy that keeps the coordinators focused on implementing the GMs vision. We won't be signing any Harbaugh-like head-strong coordinators, but rather coordinators that can mold their scheme to the vision of Baalke. Are they gonna be yes men? Maybe. But is Baalke is correct in his vision, then it should work. If it doesn't, then we all will know who to blame.

...calling them names, accusing them of not being real fans, telling them to become Shehawk fans.

york cattle, I mean york cheap, I mean york sheep

Lol

Someone cares about the interwebs too much.

Getting this upset in the Internet is like getting jealous in an orgy
Lol

Someone cares about the interwebs too much.

Getting this upset in the Internet is like getting jealous in an orgy

So let me see. It's ok for you to keep whinging but when someone else disagrees they care about the Interwebs too much.

I protect the FO and I'm not a denialist.
[ Edited by Quest4six on Jan 17, 2015 at 11:54 AM ]
  • Jiks
Our fan base is embarrassing...
Share 49ersWebzone