LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Tomsula one-on-one interview

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Don't know if already posted. Deadspin has it up. Here it is for anyone who hasn't seen it.

deadspin.com/new-49ers-coach-jim-tomsula-mumbles-and-huffs-his-way-t-1680004518
[ Edited by BuddyRyans46 on Jan 16, 2015 at 3:44 PM ]
u forgot the link
thanks, verb1der. Sorry about that. Link to the Tomsula interview should be in there now.
I see it now thanks
[ Edited by mutt_pinoy on Jan 16, 2015 at 3:47 PM ]
link dont work
all you have do is copy and past it into your browser, verb1der. The site wouldn't allow me to provide a clickable link. Just copy and paste it into your browser's window OR simply right-click on the link and select the "go to www.deadspin.com..." option which appears on the drop down menu. That will take you to the interview a well.
[ Edited by BuddyRyans46 on Jan 16, 2015 at 3:49 PM ]
http://deadspin.com/new-49ers-coach-jim-tomsula-mumbles-and-huffs-his-way-t-1680004518?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

its so bad lol
okay, thanks JustinMT, I appreciate it. Justin just posted a clickable link to the one-on-one Tomsula interview, for anyone who wants to see it. It was pretty interesting, to say the least.
I heard he is pretty bad at interviews.

Probably same reason Jed didn't give him an interview for HC
I'd like to see someone provide answers to those asinine questions.

"You know what, guy, your smug attitude has a certain amount of charm. Let me s**t on all of the tampering rules and put my job in jeopardy by telling you the names of the potential coordinators that are on playoff teams. Oh, yeah, was that enough? Let me explain to you why Harbaugh was fired. Every day when Jed York took his afternoon nap, Harbaugh would dip his finger in warm water until Jed peed his pants -- that's what got him fired".

So what if Tomsula had some reluctance to respond with "I'm not at liberty to say", "it's an ongoing process and we're working to find a match for our team" or "we're going to find the best person for the job". Tomsula is a pretty affable guy and that doesn't seem to be in his nature.

The media is already picking up on a narrative, that's why he received so many stupid questions so a Gawker off-shoot website like Deadspin could push it out to the hipster masses.

Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

"You know what, guy, your smug attitude has a certain amount of charm. Let me s**t on all of the tampering rules and put my job in jeopardy by telling you the names of the potential coordinators that are on playoff teams. Oh, yeah, was that enough? Let me explain to you why Harbaugh was fired. Every day when Jed York took his afternoon nap, Harbaugh would dip his finger in warm water until Jed peed his pants -- that's what got him fired".

So what if Tomsula had some reluctance to respond with "I'm not at liberty to say", "it's an ongoing process and we're working to find a match for our team" or "we're going to find the best person for the job". Tomsula is a pretty affable guy and that doesn't seem to be in his nature.

The media is already picking up on a narrative, that's why he received so many stupid questions so a Gawker off-shoot website like Deadspin could push it out to the hipster masses.

Yeah he definitely fumbled his words a lot but the questions were horrible. The interviewer is a dumbass if he really thought Tomsula would answer them truthfully.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Yeah he definitely fumbled his words a lot but the questions were horrible. The interviewer is a dumbass if he really thought Tomsula would answer them truthfully.

The media will sometimes ask difficult and uncomfortable questions. They can be answered in way that doesn't make you look like a complete buffoon. Tomsula couldn't do that. Some of the questioned were softballs too, he struck out badly on those too. He's a complete deer in the headlights and in over his head.

The denialists protecting this Front Office and their asinine decisions sound less like fans and more like Baghdad Bob impersonators....trying hard to convince themselves that everything will be alright while shouting down the naysayers.
Originally posted by kray28:
The media will sometimes ask difficult and uncomfortable questions. They can be answered in way that doesn't make you look like a complete buffoon. Tomsula couldn't do that. Some of the questioned were softballs too, he struck out badly on those too. He's a complete deer in the headlights and in over his head.

The denialists protecting this Front Office and their asinine decisions sound less like fans and more like Baghdad Bob impersonators....trying hard to convince themselves that everything will be alright while shouting down the naysayers.

...calling them names, accusing them of not being real fans, telling them to become Shehawk fans.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by kray28:

...calling them names, accusing them of not being real fans, telling them to become Shehawk fans.

york cattle, I mean york cheap, I mean york sheep
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

there is a line which if crossed leads to question peoples fanhood

if a fan is not rooting for the 49ers and wants to see them lose every game because of personnel or FO grudge, are they a fan anymore?

part of being a fan is being loyal. it doesn't have to be blind loyalty, anyone can criticize anyone or want someone fired. but in the end of the day fans root for their team no matter what.

those saying 'I will root for 49ers to lose every game' or 'I will now root for the raiders'...are they really fans ? I cannot say affirmative. there have been teams with huge history of sucking and yet the fans will root for the team.

fans love the team in them, not themselves in team. if one loves the team they will love it unconditionally. if one loves him/herself in the team (meaning, stopping rooting when teams philosophy dont match their ideas of what a team should be like, when FO doesnt make changes they like, when team starts sucking, etc), they aren't really fans. imo.
Share 49ersWebzone