LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 385 users in the forums

Adam Gase had a verbal agreement with the 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mutt_pinoy:
f**k Gase and the horse he rode in on. Tomsula is a better choice than him, and deserved a shot at Head Coach.

not a big fan of Gase...I think he is just an assistant to Manning ...but that is a strong endorsement for a position coach...
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by mutt_pinoy:
f**k Gase and the horse he rode in on. Tomsula is a better choice than him, and deserved a shot at Head Coach.

not a big fan of Gase...I think he is just an assistant to Manning ...but that is a strong endorsement for a position coach...

This team is familiar with Tomsula and seem to like him. I just didn't see Gase coming in and changing the whole team dynamic with the players getting on board with it.
What's to say any of what the article alleges is true...why be so quick to assume it is? Think about it...if the Niners and Gase had any sort of verbal agreement, why did Gase interview w/Elway afterward?
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
What's to say any of what the article alleges is true...why be so quick to assume it is? Think about it...if the Niners and Gase had any sort of verbal agreement, why did Gase interview w/Elway afterward?
Exactly!
My Aunt heard from her BFF's brothers dads uncle that bigfoot was real.
Another article about jed being a little weasel the evidence is really piling up.
The Niners FO had Tomsula picked out a LONG time ago. It makes no sense that they would have had an agreement to hire Gase and the backed out...
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
The Niners FO had Tomsula picked out a LONG time ago. It makes no sense that they would have had an agreement to hire Gase and the backed out...

which is why this could be true. With this said i don't see the big deal. People are only making this a big deal because they want to hate Jed and Trent right now. So them spitting gum out in anything other than a trash can would fire these people up.

But what if they did have Tomsula pegged loooong time ago, but was jsut interviewing other candidates to get info on philosphy, staffing etc....

But then the meeting with Gase went so well that they truly was rethinking their original plan of just promoting Tomsula. Then had a 2nd interview and he impressed yet again so they made the offer. they head back to Santa Clara to formulate their game plan with Gase only to realize that everything they had planned all year was catered to Tomsula and not Gase. So instead of wasting a year and avoiding burnt bridges decided to stick to their own game plan and promote Tomsula.

Again to me its no big deal. It's no different then firing a coach r cuttig a player. You basically go back on your word there too right. But there, there is a contract involved which makes it legally binding. So if teams go break legally binding agreements a handshake agreement isn't anything to cry about.

As for making us look bad. Truth of the matter is... unless we win with WHOEVER the HC is we will be scrutinized based off of us firing a very successful coach.
Evn though a verbal commitment isn't binding, renaging on it is not professional and will hurt you when doing business future in the industry.

Some people won't negotiate with you if you have the reputation. And our reputation is in the stinker at the moment.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 17, 2015 at 8:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone