There are 191 users in the forums

Roundtable discussion over the State of the San Francisco 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
With so many threads discussing various topics, and situations, and potential situations, I thought it would be nice if we could get a few of the guys who stay pretty glued to this stuff in one thread where they could chew the fat a bit and cuss and discuss this situation as it evolves. You guys already know me:

But more importantly,

Who did I get?

Jcool--Twitter master, who I am pretty sure has not slept in DAYS.

Phoenix49ers who I had to pull out of his shower to post in here.

NCommand who has been manning the suicide hotline, while simultaneously self-medicating.

and thl408, one of the most insightful guys we have here when it comes to X's, O's, and understanding the various schemes available to our team.

I guess, I should start off by asking you guys, how you first felt about the move, and now that it has sunk in a day later, what are your thoughts?
[ Edited by fropwns on Jan 15, 2015 at 2:22 PM ]
I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of?
I'm just as upset today as yesterday. Is the combine here yet???
What are my thoughts?

I'm pretty much thinking that all the great teams of the past few years and all the climbing to the top of the league that took place, has just been flushed right down the toilet all because Jed and Baalke don't have enough sense to manage a strong personality, then to top it off, show even less sense in promoting a coach that they should have made prove his coaching abilities as a coordinator first.

I have no problem with Tomsula, he's been a great asset to the coaching staff for many years, but putting him in a position as a HC at such a vital time in Kaepernicks development is completely ridiculous.

If Tomsula was their choice, they should have brought in a HC for a couple years and made Tomsula DC and see if he could build a solid defense, then find an OC that could remain on the coaching staff during that time.

The fact that they chose Tomsula after waiting almost two weeks shows that he was either not their first choice and they couldn't get who they wanted, or they were unsure....

Either way, it doesn't play out well for the team over all.

It's just my opinion that Tomsula will fail miserably and will prove to be in way over his head.
Today the 15th is the 20th anniversary of beating Dallas in the NFC title game. Even in the uncertainty of today I always get chills thinking about that game at the stick.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think that Jed has just made sure that quality coaching candidates will avoid this franchise like the plague for many years to come.
When I heard that Tomsula was made the head coach, at first I was like.....

But then after sleeping on it, I was like

And now that it seems like they are trying to reassemble the 2007 coaching staff, I kinda feel like.....

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
Today the 15th is the 20th anniversary of beating Dallas in the NFC title game. Even in the uncertainty of today I always get chills thinking about that game at the stick.

Get used to living in the past...it's all we're going to have going forward.
Originally posted by kray28:
I think that Jed has just made sure that quality coaching candidates will avoid this franchise like the plague for many years to come.

Afraid I agree....only way to change it is too leave that new stadium empty on Sundays and not spend any $$$ on merchandise until real changes are made.

Only way that might happen though is, if the ownership is changed....
This could be the greatest thread EVER!!!!

I think everyone should take a deep breath and calm down.

The defense will be stronger next season since both all pro LB's and Dorsey come back strong.

The offense has GOT to be better and Kaepernick's off-season work on playing from the pocket is a great sign IMO.

They pick at #15 and there will be a stud corner or stud wide receiver still on the board at that pick.

The players really seem to like Tomsula, for what it's worth ( I think that matters)
I was pisssssssed yesterday. I woke up today feeling like i was in a better mood. I was feeling slightly optimistic.

Now hearing that we might switch from the 3/4 Defense to a 4/3 has me pissed all over again. Our 34 is fantastic and it takes a long time to get the right players to run it. We better not switch back. 34 is just a better D IMO and we have Aldon, Bow, Pat, Brooks and now Lynch and Borland.

and I am also worried that we haven't hired an OC yet. I thought they would already have a guy in mind when they choose Jimmy T. I remember when we hired Sing to coach. He kept trying to get guys in as the OC and kept whiffing. Eventually we settled on Jimmy Raye because thats all we could get to work with Sing. I hope this is not the same scenario.
Great signing.
From the moment I heard it I loved it.

Loved everything since then and I truly believe we are in a better spot.

I'd love to explain/talk with reasonable people who actually respond to my points and possibly disagree/build off them.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
When I heard that Tomsula was made the head coach, at first I was like.....

But then after sleeping on it, I was like

And now that it seems like they are trying to reassemble the 2007 coaching staff, I kinda feel like.....

This!!!
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by kray28:

Afraid I agree....only way to change it is too leave that new stadium empty on Sundays and not spend any $$$ on merchandise until real changes are made.

Only way that might happen though is, if the ownership is changed....

I agree 110%
Share 49ersWebzone