LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Thank you Vic Fangio

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I wonder why they ultimately chose Tomsula over Fangio. Both guys seems well liked by all the players.

They can't tell Fangio what to do.

Yep. Basically a purge of anything harbaugh related
Absolutely...he did a bang-up job getting his defense ready to play every week. 2014 was especially impressive, given the core middle starters (NT, both ILB) were on the IRL. Hope he gets the DC job w/Skins...they need a lot of help defensively and he's the guy who can help immediately.
Thank you Fangio
This is just depressing.......I can't believe how big of a disaster this is.....
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Happy Trails, Vic. Thanks for the help!
Thank you Lord Fangio!!! Best D-coordinator we've had since at least the mid-90's. Fantastic coach, and the players we have will be much better for having played under him.
thanks vic for putting a good product to watch on the field for us for the years you been here, you got delt a bad had by pompous pricks like dork and baalke
Miss you Vic...your doing a nice job with The Bears
Watching what he and Gase are doing in CHI makes me feel so much better about the Niners current position
Just saw that this Chicago Bear DC has beaten Aaron Rodgers for the 5th time in 5 years. My question is " where did this guy come from and why can't the Niners find guys like this ? " Instead of hiring the " Organ Grinder " Tomsula why didn't Jeb/Balk/Poofraf try and find this guy or someone like him. It looks like he was a very successful and well regard DC at his last stop , not sure where that was , but do know he was working on the staff of a winning NFL team.If only Jeb/Balk/Poofraf had spent a little more time looking for someone like Fangio this season might not have turned out to be the EFFING disaster it has become.
Does anyone know where this Fangio guy has been the last few years and why Jeb/Balk/Poofraf didn't have him on their radar ?

Vic was the best defensive coordinator ever for the 49ers. But lets not reminiscence in the past, but look forward to the future.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Vic was the best defensive coordinator ever for the 49ers. But lets not reminiscence in the past, but look forward to the future.

That would be a lot easier to do if the Yorks weren't so incompetent.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

That would be a lot easier to do if the Yorks weren't so incompetent.

Imagine had Jed not tried to force Tomsula on Gase, we would have had Gase as HC, and Fangio as DC, I will go on record and say Fangio would have had this defense in top 15, even with the talent, of course no way to know if Dorsey would have gotten hurt like he did.

Oh well, and thank you to Vic, best DC in 49ers history IMO, he took the same team/defense under Singletary and made them relevant.
It was raining heavily. Let's not suck fangios' dick quite yet. The Bears still suck ass.
Share 49ersWebzone