LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Thank you Vic Fangio

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I've lost respect for him not wanting to stay. Baalke put this team together.

lol why don't you put yourself in his shoes.
Thank you Fangio, we will miss you.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Remember that time we didn't allow a 100 yard rusher until like week 14?

Tomsula did that. Fangio was just a product of Tomsula's sheer awesomeness.

Our defense will be fine.

Nah, was no touchdowns til week 14. I think we went like 1 1/2 seasons or more without allowing a 100 yard rusher. That no rushing TD streak was awesome though. Still remember Carlos Rogers stuffing Tarvaris Jackson on what looked like a sure TD.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:

lol why don't you put yourself in his shoes.

Just so you know Matt M says he was fired
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Only because I think we're going back to the cellar anyways, but I hope Vic goes to the Cards or Hawks, or some team with a ton of talent on Defense.

Dafuq? You call yourself a niner fan? Even if you think were going to be terrible next year, why would you hope our rivals get better?

Just an awesome Niner fan, that's all.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Looking back it was kind of a dick move for them to block him from interviewing for DC positions knowing Tomsula was the favorite. Oh well.
Total DB move.

Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Only because I think we're going back to the cellar anyways, but I hope Vic goes to the Cards or Hawks, or some team with a ton of talent on Defense.

Dafuq? You call yourself a niner fan? Even if you think were going to be terrible next year, why would you hope our rivals get better?

Yes, as a matter of fact I do call myself a Niners fan (Since '87). I also happen to like Coach Fangio and want to see him succeed with a good defense, not the freaking Raiders.

Maybe he can come back after Baalke runs this team into the ground and gets canned.

Disagree. It wasn't a dick move because until you're 100% sure that you're going to pull a trigger, you don't let your plan b have a chance to go. It was a business move. Once they locked down, they released Vic so he can go find a job else where. It's not like they've been dragging this out. Technically, the season isn't even over.

That's not to say I think it was a good idea to let Vic go...but then I didn't think it was a good idea to let Manusky go either.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jan 15, 2015 at 11:42 AM ]
Thanks Vic. I still don't understand why a DC role elsewhere is better than staying here.
I hope he speaks his mind on his tenure here at 4949 Centennial. I would love to hear what he has to say.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Disagree. It wasn't a dick move because until you're 100% sure that you're going to pull a trigger, you don't let your plan b have a chance to go. It was a business move. Once they locked down, they released Vic so he can go find a job else where. It's not like they've been dragging this out. Technically, the season isn't even over.

What about the other "Harbaugh" coaches? Did they just decide that all of them would be fired as well?

I don't believe that for a second, I think as soon as Harbaugh was gone they were gone too...it was just done in stages to look like they were "going through the process" and "evaluating".
Originally posted by father49er:
Thanks Vic. I still don't understand why a DC role elsewhere is better than staying here.

HaHa. FIRED = Didn't get to make that decision.

• Rascal
  • Veteran

Are you for real ? How would you like your junior staff surpass you for no good reason and having to report into him ?! You are nuts !!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I am pissed off we're losing Fangio. F you Jed!
Yes, Thank you Vic Fangio!! And please don't go to Seattle as their new DC next year!!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I like how they prevented him from interviewing other DC positions. I think Washington requested an interview and they were denied.

I wonder if Fangio has grounds to file a grievance?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by father49er:

Are you for real ? So, you want to see your junior staff surpass you and having to report into him ?! You got to be out of your mind if you think staying with the 9ers is a better move. LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone