There are 165 users in the forums

Special Teams Coach Search

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ace52
  • Veteran
If what I'm hearing turns out to be true, that Rathman is the only coach from the Harbaugh era who will remain, then that means Brad Seely is gone. Isn't he supposed to be one of the best ST coaches? Why didn't the Niners try to keep him? Who should we get to replace him?
  • ace52
  • Veteran
Our ST was dominant in 2011 (ranked 2nd in the NFL by Football Outsiders), and played a huge role in our run to the NFCCG that year.
Next season, with the big question marks surrounding our O and D, if we can get the 2011 kind of performance out of our ST unit, it may just help us steal some games and hopefully get into the playoffs. That's why I think the importance of a good ST coach is not to be underestimated.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Get the Special Team coach from Stanford.. That guy is good and innovative..
  • ace52
  • Veteran
What about Jeff Ulbrich? Guy was an OK LB for us for a long time, and is doing well as the ST coach of UCLA.
He also worked as an ST assistant for the Seahawks for a while.
More importantly, we need a dedicated KR/PR on the roster. Ginn was the last one we had.
  • REB4
You guys are looking at it the wrong way. Baalke has already said that its' not about hiring the best coaches, its about the coaches being able to get along and work together in synergy. I hear he just signed up Tomsula on E-Harmony.com to find their special someones.
Share 49ersWebzone