LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

01/15 Presser

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not giving Tomsula a break...I can't. What am I going to do...hold my breath? He has the job and I can either root for the team or not. I choose to root for the team...which includes Tomsula. My guess is that he will not be the worst coach in niner history or the best. I hope he turns out to be a winning one.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 16, 2015 at 8:13 PM ]
Its AMAZING how they trotted out there in the presser & straight up LIED to people, saying they had interviewed Tomsula... when they KNOW DAMN WELL they DIDNT formally interview him, like they interviewed Fangio, Gase, Ryan & Shanahan!! You really think Fangio would have interviewed for the job KNOWING Tomsula was being interviewed as well?? PLEASE!! Worst part about it is no one seems to be calling their bluff on this straight up LIE!! Coaching search was nothing more than a 2-3 week "Dog & Pony Show" RUSE just for them to APPEAR as if they had done their due diligence to try to find a new HC! I feel sorry for those folk that are locked in with the PSL/SBLs... If I were them, Id try to find an attorney for a class action lawsuit against Jed Dork!! This ownership never has cared about winning or losing... they care only about $$$$!! Which makes me believe the hiring of Harbaugh was nothing more than to get a new stadium. Someone else on here said it best; once they got their (UGLY ASS!!) stadium & was awarded a SB to host... Harbs became disposable then!!

And Baalke IS THE PROBLEM with the FO!! The man is a control freak. He wants to be GM AND the HC as well, so no wonder it didnt work out between him & Harbs!! Your job as GM is to find the personnel (draft, trades & free agency) that fits the scheme THE HC SETS on offense & defense... NOT to set a specific scheme, then find the personnel to match it!
Originally posted by JE4931:
Its AMAZING how they trotted out there in the presser & straight up LIED to people, saying they had interviewed Tomsula... when they KNOW DAMN WELL they DIDNT formally interview him, like they interviewed Fangio, Gase, Ryan & Shanahan!! You really think Fangio would have interviewed for the job KNOWING Tomsula was being interviewed as well?? PLEASE!! Worst part about it is no one seems to be calling their bluff on this straight up LIE!! Coaching search was nothing more than a 2-3 week "Dog & Pony Show" RUSE just for them to APPEAR as if they had done their due diligence to try to find a new HC! I feel sorry for those folk that are locked in with the PSL/SBLs... If I were them, Id try to find an attorney for a class action lawsuit against Jed Dork!! This ownership never has cared about winning or losing... they care only about $$$$!! Which makes me believe the hiring of Harbaugh was nothing more than to get a new stadium. Someone else on here said it best; once they got their (UGLY ASS!!) stadium & was awarded a SB to host... Harbs became disposable then!!

And Baalke IS THE PROBLEM with the FO!! The man is a control freak. He wants to be GM AND the HC as well, so no wonder it didnt work out between him & Harbs!! Your job as GM is to find the personnel (draft, trades & free agency) that fits the scheme THE HC SETS on offense & defense... NOT to set a specific scheme, then find the personnel to match it!

How do you know they didn't interview him?
  • Jiks
According to Tom Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News, Tomsula interviewed three timesfor the job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/16/49ers-interviewed-jim-tomsula-three-times/
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Right about baalke. No doubt. That's why the future won't be great.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
According to Tom Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News, Tomsula interviewed three timesfor the job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/16/49ers-interviewed-jim-tomsula-three-times/

Oops! Guess he should have checked that more carefully! LOL!

Why wouldn't Fangio have interviewed for the job if he knew Tomsula was also being interviewed?
Originally posted by cwilson830:

Why wouldn't Fangio have interviewed for the job if he knew Tomsula was also being interviewed?

He prolly thought what he did with the defense this year, he had a shot at the head coaching job
Share 49ersWebzone