LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

All assitant coaches to be fired?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • eman
  • Veteran
my question is why?

i have a sneaking suspicion, and only time will tell. Our team is mostly set up due to the picks of Scott McLoughlin. Trent Baalke really didn't do much except for Kap, Boldin, Aldon and Bowman. He famously bombed the 2012 draft and 2013/2014 top picks have not fared as well as we thought. I assume that Jim wanted to get rid of Baalke and did not see eye-to-eye with him in philosophy or draft picks. remember how Jim was lobbying for our kicker to get paid, saying "we should pay the guy". When GM and coach fight, usually coach wins.. look at Chip Kelly and Eagles for example

I think this is Baalke's ruthless move to rid the team of all Harbaugh placed assistants and coaches and putting his signature and his yes-men in the positions. Why else would we take weeks to interview all these guys. It is baalke trying to make it look like he is trying to find the best guy, while in reality, one year ago the motions were set to fire Harbaugh and all his guys and replace them with guys baalke and Jed can easily control.

I hope I am wrong, but if this is, wow.. this is bad... !
Stopped reading at 2013 top pick not fared as well as we thought.

Yes, getting to the Pro Bowl in your rookie year is just unacceptable.
All the offensive coaches (save Rathman) getting their walking papers is no surprise. We fully expected that to happen. Our offense sucked.

But the defensive coaches all leaving comes as a bit of a surprise. When Schefter first broke the news, he said part of the decision to promote Tomsula was to keep some continuity on the defensive side of the ball. So much for that lol.

Fangio leaving was somewhat expected, but I didn't expect the rest of the defensive staff to go as well. My guess is they didn't want to hang around if Fangio was leaving. They will likely follow Vic wherever he goes.
  • eman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Stopped reading at 2013 top pick not fared as well as we thought.

Yes, getting to the Pro Bowl in your rookie year is just unacceptable.

Im sorry to sound negative...
yes Reid balled last year and made it as a sub to probowl.. but with him, we have given up many long passes and touchdowns, he regressed his second season, he has been victimized several times for taking bad angles which had been his weakness even coming out of college. I hope he turns out solid for us.. i hope it is just sophomore slump.

but my main point is .... this seems like a purging effort. purging what i dont know..
it seems like they are trying to force all these coaches out of the team
they were saying Fangio would not want to stay around, and when he did not tell them he was not happy >>> he gets fired.. now cmon, doesnt this look like they were trying to make him leave? just like they tried to with Harbaugh last year.. and despite Harbaugh repeatedly last year saying he wanted to stay, at the end of the year > "mutual parting". Harbaugh is still miffed about this, which is why he has come out several times since and indicated it was not mutual parting!

I cant believe we go from Vic Fangio who had high pedigree and record in the league to Tarver who has been coaching the 29th ranked raiders defense...

why hire coaches that we had in the Nolan era????? I have bad feeling about all this!
Originally posted by eman:
my question is why?

i have a sneaking suspicion, and only time will tell. Our team is mostly set up due to the picks of Scott McLoughlin.

I really wish people would stop saying this. Theres like 4 or 5 McCloughan guys left on the entire roster. Important guys such as Gore, Willis, VD, Staley but the roster has undergone an almost complete turnover with Baalke as GM.

DL-Only Justin Smith remains from the Nolan/Singletary era.

LB-Willis is the only one left.

DB-Nobody left

QB-Nobody left

RB-Gore

WR-Crabtree(FA)

TE-VD

OT-Staley

OG-Nobody

C-Nobody
  • eman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I really wish people would stop saying this. Theres like 4 or 5 McCloughan guys left on the entire roster. Important guys such as Gore, Willis, VD, Staley but the roster has undergone an almost complete turnover with Baalke as GM.

DL-Only Justin Smith remains from the Nolan/Singletary era.

LB-Willis is the only one left.

DB-Nobody left

QB-Nobody left

RB-Gore

WR-Crabtree(FA)

TE-VD

OT-Staley

OG-Nobody

C-Nobody

i am not sure why some guys are being defensive.. Scott Mc. was never perfect, he messed up some picks like Kentwan Balmer.. Im not saying he was great
the point I am trying to make is that it feels like all this is pre-planned and way to purge the whole staff and bring in bunch of yes-sir men in position to serve Jed and Trent.
Originally posted by eman:
i am not sure why some guys are being defensive.. Scott Mc. was never perfect, he messed up some picks like Kentwan Balmer.. Im not saying he was great
the point I am trying to make is that it feels like all this is pre-planned and way to purge the whole staff and bring in bunch of yes-sir men in position to serve Jed and Trent.

Its not defensive, they are pointing out the actual facts.
Share 49ersWebzone