LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Will Tomsula take the 9ers back to the playoffs in 2015 ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Tomsula take the 9ers back to the playoffs in 2015 ?

Originally posted by Youngone:
f**k it, I voted yes. We have a lot of talent still. It can carry us if its in a good position to do so. f**k it, time to stop b***hing and start hoping/praying

Why not?
No
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by Youngone:
f**k it, I voted yes. We have a lot of talent still. It can carry us if its in a good position to do so. f**k it, time to stop b***hing and start hoping/praying

Why not?

remember we had the same talent we Sing and we were losing , so its up to the coaches and our Division was not as strong as now so hell no.
Only 40% responding yes? That shocks me. This team is way too talented to not be favored to go to the playoffs, even in a good division. Pretty much everything that could possibly go wrong this season did go wrong, and the team finished 8-8 with several close losses. With this level of talent, in this division, with a tough schedule elsewhere, that was rock bottom. 8-8. I can't see them finishing with a worse record than that in 2015. Offense can't help but be better, and the defense is getting back 2 All Pro linebackers, corners, and nose tackles.

Ask me again after week 4
Go and look at the roster in 2009 before Harbaugh, then look at it now. It's much much better now. We're a Aldon a full season, Bowman and Willis back, and a good o coordinator away from being 12-4 again. That wouldn't be an overachievement with the talent on the roster.
ABSOLUTELY!
Hard to say. I'm going to have to look at the tape and get back to you.
people we had the same talent with Sing and he could not get us to the playoffs , only a crazy coach like JH can take us there , why they only successful coaches are crazy like Billachick and Tuna and so on and so on , nice with these millionaires wont cut it . we are f**ked until we get a great coach .
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I am thinking 6-10 or worse... All the talent in the world, none of the scheme or motivation.

Granted I will be talking about Superbowl when the season actually rolls around.

I agree, I am looking at 6-10 at best as well.

What scheme or motivation was there last year? The offense was horrible, half the team quit on Harbaugh. Whether they thought he was gone or not guys just stopped playing for him.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Why not? The team's defense should be stronger this year than it was in 2014. Tomsula should be able to provide some continuity there. We don't know who will be running the offense this year, but it won't be hard to do better than last season.

Kaepernick is committed to doing what everyone wanted him to do - he's obviously working more on his head than his body this off season which is a good thing.

They get two new healthy studs on the line in Brandon and Marcus.

Let's have a little optimism around here. It's not like it's crazy.

Who is going to fix the offense ? Nobody. Who is going to fix Kap ? Nobody. Who is going to coach the D ? You think a D-line coach can operate an entire defense ? I don't think so somehow.
Originally posted by NCommand:
How could he? We have some 20+ coaching vacancies and not ONE SINGLE INTERVIEW SCHEDULED this late in the process.

Easy, NC. It's January 15th. (or maybe your post should have been printed in blue)

Well given, we have 15 jobs to fill this late in the process with a FO helping to conduct said interviews during a time they should be building their draft board, it's not looking good. They "started" the process per MM, right at the same time Tomsula was hired (while Baalke was firing everyone). Given the OC's they are looking at, it doesn't look like there was ANY plan for "offensive and defensive philosophy." We'll see and I'll be patient but I'll also be very skeptical and that is no a knock on Tomsula. I'm genuinely happy for him and this he'll do a stellar job coaching up the coaches and the players to the best of their abilities. Unfortunately, that talent pool is pretty weak.

Head Coach - Jim Tomsula
Brad Seely - Special Teams Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach
Vic Fangio - Defensive Coordinator
Geep Chryst - Quarterbacks Coach
Ronald Curry - Offensive Assistant
Mick Lombardi - Offensive Assistant
Ed Donatell - Secondary Coach
Greg Jackson - Assistant Secondary Coach
Ejiro Evero - Defensive Assistant
Jim Leavitt - Linebackers Coach
Eric Mangini - Tight Ends Coach
Mike Solari - Offensive Line Coach
? - Defensive Line Coach
John Morton - Wide Receivers Coach
Tom Rathman - Running Backs Coach
Tracy Smith - Special Teams Assistant
Richmond Flowers - Offensive Assistant
with the right staff, sure.
its way to early to know that
Wrong question -- its not whether the 9ers get to the playoffs, or win the division ("we don't hoist division flags"), or play in the NFC championship game -- according to the Owner it's the Lombardi Trophy or Bust!! Let's vote on that one!!
Share 49ersWebzone