There are 246 users in the forums

Are we "reloading" or "rebuilding"?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Imploding.
Retooling?! How's about REFILLING? The rest of the NFC (west) is about to fill our asses up with premium for the next 5-10 years.......
Reloading
Torpedoing.
Gents, bend over and touch your toes.
It appears Jed York and Trent Balke are trying to find an excuse to rebuild the team from scratch. Jim Tomsula is doing exactly that by getting rid of the whole coaching staff.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Torpedoing.

Vernon approves....LOL
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Yorks are just repeating the steps of 2002-2005.

Step 1: Along with the help of your henchman GM fire a coach that has taken the team to the playoffs.
Step 2: Conduct a sham coaching search with your minion GM and hire someone unqualified for the role.
Step 3: Suffer through a mediocre season and miss the playoffs
Step 4: Start crying about the salary cap and completely gut the roster with the excuse of rebuilding.
Step 5: Suffer through a historically awful season and then fire your minion GM and coach.
Step 6: Profit from the money saved with a cheap roster and the ticket licenses sold to a bunch of fans who don't care if the team wins or loses.
Step 7: Go back to step 1.

This would be funny if it wasn't true.
Neither. We're Retarding...
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by Since07:
Uhh we might have a completely new coaching staff with vital players aging in JSmith FGore ABoldin JStaley and VD; we are rebuilding and will still be serious play off threats next year

I highly doubt we even sniff 500 this coming season, Dallas, GB, SEA, ARZ are all better than us by a mile or more. We will be lucky to get 8 wins next year. I hate being pessimistic, but that's how I feel.

Yea Saint Louis might be very good next yr too. Imagine if they drafted a Russell Wilson.

We are doing neither. Reloading is what teams normally do every year through the draft and free agency. Rebuilding is a near overhaul of the roster similar to what Pete Carroll did.

We are changing from a manic coach who was losing his players and probably clashed with the front office. A coach who had professional respect but seemed to not have personal respect to a coach who, seemingly, seems to be a better balance in the traits desired by front office and players from a head coach.
Share 49ersWebzone