There are 185 users in the forums

Why not Adam Gase? Post any info here

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
I thought he was almost signed and delivered. If you get any info as to why it didn't happen, please share.

My thoughts are that it was all smoke and mirrors. They knew all along and didn't even have to interview.
Maybe he turned them down???
Jist heard on the radio that Baalke wasn't as impressed with Gase as was York. Also apparently he was asking for a big $$ contract (for someone with very little coaching exp)
  • thl408
He's not a leader of men (pure conjecture), just a really really smart dude.
They wanted him as OC
I heard Sean Payton will be available next season
Originally posted by wailers15:
Jist heard on the radio that Baalke wasn't as impressed with Gase as was York. Also apparently he was asking for a big $$ contract (for someone with very little coaching exp)

That would be my guess. Also, he'd have to completely overhaul the offense which would have been a HUGE project. We'll continue to run the ball.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by wailers15:

That would be my guess. Also, he'd have to completely overhaul the offense which would have been a HUGE project. We'll continue to run the ball.

But potentially losing all our coaches isn't a HUGE project?
He's not a CHEAP YES MAN.
They wanted the anti-Harbaugh, a yes-man who would be eternally grateful for the head coach job and would be easy to deal with. They got him.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's not a CHEAP YES MAN.

This

And he probably said no
Originally posted by fropwns:

LOL, this. Instead they opted to go with the only guy guaranteed to blow up the entire coaching staff. It was questionable whether Fangio would stay with Gase or with some other of the candidates that they interviewed, Tomsula is the only one who guaranteed his departure.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by fropwns:

LOL, this. Instead they opted to go with the only guy guaranteed to blow up the entire coaching staff. It was questionable whether Fangio would stay with Gase or with some other of the candidates that they interviewed, Tomsula is the only one who guaranteed his departure.

Baalke wanted to destroy all the reminders of Harbs, while putting in a HC that could fall in line with his vision.

This is 100% Baalke's team now.
Fk this god damned season. Everything about this team post NFCCG has been pathetic and putrid. I feel like this is a horrible nightmare.
  • dj43
Gase did not want to stake his first HC opportunity on the development of a quarterback that has struggled to learn to be a passer. He is just not convinced Kaepernick can play at the level needed.
Share 49ersWebzone