LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 331 users in the forums

Do you approve the hiring of Tomsula as HC ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you approve the hiring of Tomsula as HC ?

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Coordinators must be good or it's singletary part 2

Not even close.
Its an insult to compare Tomsula to Singletary

I really hope I am wrong. Tomsula works with players better certainly.
Just imagine if this hire works out. Everyone will be praising York and balke. Its not the sexy name we all wanted but lets wait and see what his coaching staff looks like. No head coach will be successful without a good staff
Originally posted by shmuck:
Originally posted by saniner:
Depends on the coordinators he brings in. If Kyle shanahan and Dennis Allen are hired I will hate everything. I honk Tomsula will be great for getting the team ready to play, but I think he needs solid coordinators to call the plays

This a million times. He can be a great HC but he is going to need those coordinators.

The problem is he is already losing the best defensive coordinator he could have. He's gonna have to get a damn good offensive staff and hope his defensive staff can compare to Fangio, which ins't likely.

For those reasons (mainly losing Fangio), NO, I don't like the hire.
i don't see what the fuss is.

why do you think gase could "fix" kap?

gase ran a complex offense where a lot was left to the QB to judge pre snap and adjust.

kap is one of the worst pre snap qb's in the league. it would be a BIG adjustment for gase as kap cannot run the offense he built in denver, gase would need to build a whole new offense around kap's inabilities...

would not be plug and play gentlemen...
kap is broken. we weren't gonna have a great offense even if we somehow brough back bill walsh and had fat andy as his OC.

Donatel will do a fine job as DC.
we need a good OC. and imo with a coach like tomsula, he can attract an OC cause the guy will know its HIS offense and the coach wont interfere or force his beliefs on it (roman ran jim's offense, not his)
[ Edited by mtl_49er on Jan 14, 2015 at 3:28 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
NO DOUBT!!!

at first, like you all know, I wanted CHUCKIEEE...

then Shannyyyy...

but aside from them or Chris Peterson, I really believe that no one deserves it more than Tomsula.. not Fangio, nor Gase or Quinn...

I'm hoping to see Rathman as well on a higher position..
**throws TV remote across the room**
Jed got his yes man. Why should I give two s**ts? We're gonna suck for the next decade.
brooks will say no
Wow! 76 percent showing moderate to severe hate for this hire! This didn't win any fans...
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for goldstandard.
Jed's Rat

Get rid of Jim Harbaugh to have a low paid Yes Man Ron Jeremy look alike. Sure this makes sense.....

The Yorks work in MYSTERIOUS ways.
York/Baalke deserve every bit of resentment and ridicule they get. I hope the stadium continues to not sell out.
Better winning percentage than Harbs
Originally posted by susweel:
Better than Gase

The players know him and respect him and will play hard for him.

yeah but what about the offense
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Get rid of Jim Harbaugh to have a low paid Yes Man Ron Jeremy look alike. Sure this makes sense.....

The Yorks work in MYSTERIOUS ways.

all a part of the plan
Share 49ersWebzone