LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Do you approve the hiring of Tomsula as HC ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you approve the hiring of Tomsula as HC ?

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:
Depends on the coordinators he brings in. If Kyle shanahan and Dennis Allen are hired I will hate everything. I honk Tomsula will be great for getting the team ready to play, but I think he needs solid coordinators to call the plays

I hate the hire, but the coordinator hires might change my mind.
Baalke will be pleased (no big personality/threat as HC) , not a wow move perhaps but good luck to Jim Tomsula now he is.
My guess is that Shanny Jr. will take over the offense. Let's see.
I'll give him a chance....some great HC's in history owe their legacy to their coodinators and I think Tomsula has the potential to be one of those, provided he assembles a great staff (& not overbloated on offense like JH's)
Well now when York and Baalke tell the coach how to coach, they won't be rejected. They have their YES man.
Not mad not happy jus really excited
Coordinators must be good or it's singletary part 2
Let me see how the rest of the coaching staff comes out before I decide. Tomsula is better than a number of other guys we could have had as a HC...but we need to have a very good OC and a solid DC still.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Coordinators must be good or it's singletary part 2

Not even close.
Its an insult to compare Tomsula to Singletary

What a joke
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
VERY disappointed by the hiring. Why pass up on Fangio.

I'm no fan of the front office right now.

Adam Gase was right there for the taking.

I expect no less than 10 wins next season. Tomsula has been with the team long enough to know what he has, so 10 wins or I'm calling this hire a flop.
Originally posted by Niners816:
The only way this works is of they get a really good OC with no chance at a future HC job. Morringwheg and maybe trestman come to mind.

I am ok with this hire but it all comes down to his coordinators. Can he get someone who can do what is necessary to win. Tomsula can be a good leader since players already respects him. He just needs a staff that knows what the F they are doing. And I would be fine with the above two as OC.
Now it's wait and see. I think the big problem is the unknown.
We don't know what kind of show he runs and we don't know what his philosophy is. once we get those things then we can make an informed decision.
No! Especially if it means Fangio is gone.
Share 49ersWebzone